PDA

View Full Version : Malice

Utopmk
15 Aug 2004, 03:05 AM
Do any of you get so angry that you become hateful and careless?
Have you ever took pleasure in hurting someone?

Avengardh
15 Aug 2004, 03:10 AM
Do any of you get so angry that they become hateful and careless?

To the former, for the first time that I could really consider such a thing...I can say, yes.
To the last question, no, somehow when I think of doing something to the only person that I have really hated, it hurts me instead, so, I prefer to not hurt people...although I am fully aware that sometimes I do without meaning to...

~*Aven*~

Vagabond
15 Aug 2004, 03:13 AM
No. I have hurt people, but pleasure had nothing to do with it.

HairlessBluetick
15 Aug 2004, 03:21 AM
Yes and yes. Schadenfreude is my friend. :D

Utopmk
15 Aug 2004, 03:53 AM
Yesterday I snapped on someone, and seriously thought about taking their life.
It was a very violent and physical explosion, and I took much pleasure in knowing I caused this person (deserved) harm.

Division56
15 Aug 2004, 04:12 AM
Yes and yes.

Claverhouse
15 Aug 2004, 05:01 AM
No, I could never become completely detached; but anytime I've had to execute a bad person I've never felt even remotely glad, let alone pleased. It's just like putting down a very sick animal.

And who knows, in my bleak eyes you might even find a trace of pity. Not usually though: I'd prefer to think they were now in hell.

Besides, anger spoils the aim.

Claverhouse :ph34r:

:D :ph34r: :D B) :rofl:

paladinoflunaria
15 Aug 2004, 05:02 AM
I very rarely get into that mess (2 or 3 times every few years), but it is a feeling that is hard to forget. Whenever I snap, there is no pleasure. I daydream about it occasionally when I'm pissed off, and I usually feel some pleasure then. I always feel awful when I hurt someone, so I tend to be very restrictive on my feelings of anger(and just in general, of course).

Yesterday I snapped on someone, and seriously thought about taking their life.

I've vividly imagined such things. Karma bites me in the ass for it. I feel like this malice is within me, so when I get angry this statement comes to mind and I keep the emotions at bay.

paladinoflunaria
15 Aug 2004, 05:04 AM
And who knows, in my bleak eyes you might even find a trace of pity.

Pity is the near-enemy of compassion.

I realized that I couldn't hurt a random person. It'd have to be someone I know.

Johnny
15 Aug 2004, 05:32 AM
Rarely and never, respectively.

Jkrs
15 Aug 2004, 05:44 AM
This is unexpectedly difficult to answer. I can be careless in the way you seem to mean just going about my business, though I try not to. If anything I'm more careful in an argument (even when angry), because then I want something. I doubt that I'd qualify as hateful then, either.

Hmm. Yes, though not while angry. One of my closer in-person friends and I used to 'play' fight, and not much care whether we ended up with scrapes and bruises.
Most people are said to have an inner child/platypus/whatever. I seem to have an inner adrenaline junkie. c.c

Utopmk
15 Aug 2004, 06:44 AM
No, I could never become completely detached; but anytime I've had to execute a bad person I've never felt even remotely glad, let alone pleased. It's just like putting down a very sick animal.

And who knows, in my bleak eyes you might even find a trace of pity. Not usually though: I'd prefer to think they were now in hell.

Besides, anger spoils the aim.

Claverhouse :ph34r:

:D :ph34r: :D B) :rofl:

Ahahahaha. Very Nice.

I've vividly imagined such things. Karma bites me in the ass for it. I feel like this malice is within me, so when I get angry this statement comes to mind and I keep the emotions at bay.

Karma being just a reflection of your own guilt, right?

int
15 Aug 2004, 07:39 AM
Yes and I don't know - I've only ever hit 2 people, but I enjoyed both as they were deserved punches.

paladinoflunaria
15 Aug 2004, 06:05 PM
Utopmk wrote:

Karma being just a reflection of your own guilt, right?

Yup.

Jezebel
15 Aug 2004, 06:19 PM
I've never physically hurt anyone. I often find myself feeling bad if I hurt someone's feelings even if they deserve it. If I do get angry at someone it's usually gone within a day or as soon as I distance myself from them.

Miss Padfoot
15 Aug 2004, 11:27 PM
Sure. I've taken pleasure in hurting my sister, actually. You can call it sibling rivalry, but I think it might be something more. I can't recall every time I've ever hit her (it doesn't happen as often now as it used to) but 90% I am neither sorry at the time or sorry afterwards. I never stop being cold towards her.

Crazy
16 Aug 2004, 08:48 PM
I have a hard time getting that angry, and a very hard time staying angry for any length of time over a few hours. Any time I have hurt someone physically, I have only had that amount of pleasure that comes from getting that anger out, other than that, I ussually get concerned that I may have actually done some real damage, and as far as emotionally, I hate hurting people that way.

Usually I see everything else with indifference. Like when I had to clean up the dead bodies in Iraq (all were Iraqi soldiers) I felt nothing. Not sadness or pity or anything at all.

Crazy
16 Aug 2004, 08:51 PM
Also, with both statements, I see no use for that kind of anger and sadism, it seems illogical to act that way.

antireconciler
17 Aug 2004, 08:02 AM
Any time I can remember getting that angry it has presceded by hours or less some form of personal revolution. During the time leading up so such an event, I'm simply detatched and careless. Hate, ime, is extremely unstable and rapidly, almost violently, deteriorates into some form of understanding. This isn't always complete the first time, but in that case it vanishes in a series of steps. "To understand is to forgive, even one's self." I can get careless with any moderate or worse form of depression, but it's not common for me.

Edit: at levels of anger like that, there are incresingly more resillient breaker-like mechanisms that halt any further advance of anger or hate, that have an increasingly strong rebalancing (and thus, mind-reshaping) influence.

nobarcode
17 Aug 2004, 08:15 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by the first question. I have become angry and hateful. I have also been careless (regarding someone else's feelings), but not combined.

I've never taken pleasure in hurting someone. I've been accused of such, but I was never coming from that "space" so to say. I do take pleasure in being logically correct....

The Truth hurts sometimes. (I know that sounds arrogant, but it is within my pesonality.)

AllAboutSoul
17 Nov 2006, 08:35 AM

No. Never! :nono:

AMDG
17 Nov 2006, 03:00 PM

Yes. Yes indeed. I have to be pushed and pushed and pushed very far indeed, and while I'm being pushed I've been told that I don't seem to give any clear signs that people are skating on thin ice. I think I give plenty of signs - such as telling them very clearly in plain, clear English that they're pushing their luck and that they're pissing me off. But because shouting and yelling just isn't my style, they don't realise how much I mean it until it's too late.

When I've had enough, I've had enough. I've taken great pleasure in coldly, deliberately crafting letters, e-mails, face to face verbal diatribes, wherein I've painstakingly torn apart their entire world. Deliberately crafting perfect sentences worthy of an evil Shakespeare, with the sole aim of hurting them as much as possible, inflicting maximum damage, and when they've cried, I've smiled and felt encouraged to carry on. I've been a cold, cruel, evil bastard.

And for a long time afterwards, felt zero remorse and just laughed at the emotional pleas and remonstrations. When I did that one time, it resulted in some of my friends calling me Charles Manson, and I actually felt proud of that.

But that was a long time ago, last time I did that. Years now. And now I do feel very bad about it. Now, I can hardly believe it was me doing that, I feel very ashamed and bad and wish I could turn back the clock and make amends, but there's no way I can. I wouldn't dream of doing it now.

That's not true actually. I do still dream of doing it sometimes. I just don't any more. I don't get pleasure out of hurting people any more. I didn't then either, in general, except only when I felt they really, really had it coming. Then it was take no prisoners, no quarter.

AMDG
17 Nov 2006, 03:07 PM
My philsophy was that I wanted to inflict on them every bit of pain, all in one go, that I'd taken from them over the whole period, which I'd taken silently and didn't complain about, just hoping that they wouldn't abuse my good nature...

hahaha... you get that? - my good nature! =))

Jennywocky
17 Nov 2006, 03:10 PM
Do any of you get so angry that you become hateful and careless? Have you ever took pleasure in hurting someone?

No, I always feel guilty even the times when my control slips and I lash out.

I hate to hurt other people. I don't see the point in it, and I can also empathize too much to want to do so.

(Sometimes of course I wish that courtesy was extended to me... :) )

Dunearhp
17 Nov 2006, 03:52 PM
There may be the rare thirty second window of irrational (careless but not hateful) behaviour.

No. I keep my inner psycho on a tight leash.

Faust06
17 Nov 2006, 05:03 PM
I've fantasized about some pretty unspeakable things. When I'm in that state of mind I really just need to blow off some steam, and adress the problem. Doing nothing about it leaves me feeling anxious and frustrated, which fucks up the rest of your day.