Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superhero/Supervillain MBTI

Type
    INTJ

Default Superhero/Supervillain MBTI

Okay, I know that this is just speculation, but does it seem like the supervillains in comic books/stories tend to almost invariably be megalomaniacal INTJs, while the superheros are almost always invariably ISTP/INTPs?

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

I know Peter Parker was an INTP (a photographer, "smart but lazy," "peter, i've lived next door to you all my life and I still feel like I don't know you") and Doc Ock was an INTJ in the movie. I think Green Goblin was an INTJ or ENTJ.
    Logic will break your heart.

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INTJ

You're right. That's pure speculation.

BTW, can you be 100% "T"? That doesn't seem possible.

Array
    Type
    INTP

http://similarminds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=164
    INTPs rule. Normal. INTJs are just the personification of all evil on earth. In fact, all bad guys in movie are INTJs, and all the wise guys INTPs That evil Saruman is an INTJ, and Gandalf an INTP. The demonic agent smith is an INTJ, and Neo an INTP. The dark Magneto is INTJ, while Charles Xavier is an INTP. Spiderman is an INTP and the horrendous Green Goblin is an INTJ. Clark Kent is an INTP and the machiavelical Lex Luthor an INTJ.

I'm sure the big bad wolf was an INTJ and the one who shot Bambi's mother too. If my TV gets a bad signal sometimes, it's probably because of an INTJ somewhere at the cable company. If my toasts are too cooked in the morning, it's probably some evil scheme of an INTJ.

Type
    INTP

INTP superheroes?

Heh. Maybe the superhero comics I collected were different, but making quick judgements on the x-men:

Beast: INTP
    Wolverine: ISTP

Cyclops: ISTJ
    Colossus: INFJ
    Xavier: ENTP
    Jean: INFP
    Storm: ESTJ
    Gambit: ESFP
    Rogue: ISFP
    Angel/Archangel: E/INFP
    Iceman: ESFP

And other heroes, like Superman or Captain America? So SJ it hurts. Batman is probably an INTJ. Spiderman might be an INTP.

Of course, types depend largely on who the writer for the characters is at the time, but I'd say that INTPs aren't really common among superheroes.

Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaPeel
    That's just because he took an online test and answered "no" to all questions about F and "yes" to all questions about T. Simple, no?

Type
    INTJ

Wow...umm....yes? It doesn't mean that I have no feelings or anything. It's as simple as melancholeric said. I'm extremely unemotional so I naturally answered no to the feeling questions. It's just an online test

You're right. That's pure speculation.
    Yes, it is, as I explicitly stated. But, I have compelling reason to think so:

Superheros: Spiderman (INTP), Batman (ISTP or INTJ), Superman (ISTx), Bruce Banner (no, not when he's the hulk) (INTP), Punisher (ISTP), Professor Xavier (INTP), Wolverine (ISTP). Many superheros have different types (I didn't list off all the x-men or fantastic 4), but it seems like there is a majority of IXTPs. I probably should have said overwhelmingly instead of invariably for the superheros

Supervillians: Green Goblin (xNTJ), Doc Ock (INTJ), Lex Luthor (as INTJ as it gets), Darth Sidius (INTJ), Almost any Bond villain (xNTJ), Magneto (INTJ), Dr. Doom (INTJ), Professor Moriarty (INTJ)

There are plenty of other pairs that would qualify as well if we changed superhero/supervillain to just hero/villain.

Also, does this setup seem kind of common?: INTJ villain, INTP good guy leader who offers wisdom and support to usually ISTP but sometimes xxxx hero.

The Quintessentially Fathomless Cherubim of Array CreativeChaos's Avatar
    Where there is kindness and understanding
    Type
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by melancholeric
    Yes, but... oh shit! You're right. Where are the NF superheros?
    "He drew a circle that left me out... heritic, rebel, a thing to flout. But love and I had the wit to win. I drew a circle that took him in." Author Unknown

Jynweythek "Having said that, I've found a repository of emoticons for your use."

Type
    INTP

What about Nitro?

The Quintessentially Fathomless Cherubim of Array CreativeChaos's Avatar
    Where there is kindness and understanding
    Type
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ben from below
    What about Nitro?
    Nitro? An NF superhero? Well, it figures I've never heard of him.

Maybe all the NFs are like, Merlin, the wizard and stuff like that. Fantasy stuff. Superhero's are all soooo SPish, actually. But, yes, their "secret identities" are the geek INTPs.
    "He drew a circle that left me out... heritic, rebel, a thing to flout. But love and I had the wit to win. I drew a circle that took him in." Author Unknown

Jynweythek "Having said that, I've found a repository of emoticons for your use."