Sokka: ESTP
    Toph Bei Fong: ISTJ
    Bumi: INTP
    Yue: IXFJ

Zuko: ENTJ
    Iroh: INFJ

Azula: EXTJ
    Zhao: ESTJ
    I am still confused, but on a higher level.
    - Enrico Fermi

Type
    INTP

I'm also doing Death Note

L Lawliet - INTP
    Light Yagami - INTJ
    Misa Amane - ESFJ
    Nate River (Near) - INTJ
    Mihael Keehle (Mello) - ENTJ
    Mail Jeevas (Matt) - EXFP
    Teru Mikami - ISTJ
    Ryuk - ESTP
    Rem - IXFJ
    Jealous - INFP?
    Soichiro Yagami - EXTJ
    Tota Matsuda - ESFJ
    Kiyomi Takada - ENFJ

Ugh... that'll be enough for now.
    Last edited by Keoren; 9 Sep 2007 at 09:17 PM.

Member Array
    Type
    inxx

I'd like to know Humbert Humbert's type. He's the protagonist in Nabokov's Lolita. I definitely think that he's an INxx but about T/F and J/P I don't know.

Ok so I'm a nerd (which shouldn't matter on an intp board) but lately I've actually spent some time learning about the principles of the functional analysis, and I'd say that H. H. doesn't have a very well developped Fe, because he doesn't take other people's feelings into consideration. He doesn't seem to be able to read other people very well in the first place because he actually believes that his Lolita is deeply in love with him. He doesn't even want to see other people as live, independent creatures with feelings and a will of their own-- he wants to see them as parts of his own fantasy. I guess that this suggests quite a strong Si...

On the other hand, Humbert's quite good at misleading and manipulating people, yet paranoid and schizophrenic. I'm really having a hard time typing him because whatever type he is, he's not the healthy prototype. For now I'm going to say INTP. No, INFJ. No... I don't know. Any suggestions?

What about Lolita? I think she's ESxx.

Member Array
    Type
    inxx

PS. I have just found out (=read somewhere on the Internet) that Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights and Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With The Wind are ESTPs. I find both of them very intriguing characters, and I admire their strength and ambition, although I didn't have much _empathy_ for Heathcliff in the end.

I'd like to try to type other people in Wuthering Heights and Gone With The Wind, as well (although I haven't actually read Gone With The Wind, only seen the film, but it's one of my favourites). I guess Melanie is an ISFJ and Ashley could be an INFJ. Rhett - ENTP?

I've also been wondering about the types of the characters in Little Women. Pity I can't remember them well enough anymore... but my guesses are as follows:
    Meg: ISFJ
    Beth: ISFP
    Jo: ENFP
    Laurie: NT
    Last edited by Kaveri; 31 Jul 2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

I'd personally like to find out the types of the characters in Office Space.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    IXTP

Just watched Die hard 4 - Bruce Willis such a clear example of Wery well developed ISTP.
    The liberty of the individual is the greatest thing of all, it is on this and this alone that the true will of the people can develop. ? Alexander Ivanovich Herzen

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    I'd like to know Humbert Humbert's type. He's the protagonist in Nabokov's Lolita. I definitely think that he's an INxx but about T/F and J/P I don't know.

Ok so I'm a nerd (which shouldn't matter on an intp board) but lately I've actually spent some time learning about the principles of the functional analysis, and I'd say that H. H. doesn't have a very well developped Fe, because he doesn't take other people's feelings into consideration. He doesn't seem to be able to read other people very well in the first place because he actually believes that his Lolita is deeply in love with him. He doesn't even want to see other people as live, independent creatures with feelings and a will of their own-- he wants to see them as parts of his own fantasy. I guess that this suggests quite a strong Si...

On the other hand, Humbert's quite good at misleading and manipulating people, yet paranoid and schizophrenic. I'm really having a hard time typing him because whatever type he is, he's not the healthy prototype. For now I'm going to say INTP. No, INFJ. No... I don't know. Any suggestions?

What about Lolita? I think she's ESxx.
    I haven't read that book but according to your description I think he sounds like an INTx, more than likely J. This may be because I have an INTJ friend who, similarly, is good at manipulating and misleading people, and additionally enjoys it, is paranoid, and likes to see people as parts of his own fantasy, as you said.
    Other than that personal observation, I can't really make a decision. (My N's overriding me here- too much intuition and not enough fact.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    I've also been wondering about the types of the characters in Little Women. Pity I can't remember them well enough anymore... but my guesses are as follows:
    Meg: ISFJ
    Beth: ISFP
    Jo: ENFP
    Laurie: NT
    I might actually switch Meg and Beth around- Meg cares much more about her looks, which is typically an ISFP trait, and Beth cares much more about helping people- typically ISFJ. I don't know about Jo as an ENFP, it doesn't sound completely false. But if it is true- NOOO!!! She was totally my hero when I was ten! How could you betray me, Jo??

Laurie strikes me as an INFP, but that's just my N speaking again. Additionally, I might peg Amy as an ESFJ. (Or ESFP?) What do you think?

Type
    INTP

I think Remus Lupin (from the Harry Potter books) might be INTP.

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Girl View Post
    I think Remus Lupin (from the Harry Potter books) might be INTP.
    I've kinda always thought that too.

Words Aski Champion Array rhinosaur's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Bones from the eponymous TV series is an INTJ.