Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most/Least popular MBTI

Senior Member Array Notsweetynice's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

Default Most/Least popular MBTI

Which MBTI types are most likable?

Which types are your personal favorites?

Which MBTI types are the not well liked or even disliked by the populace?

Type
    INTP

I think its different for everybody...

I don't know enough people's personality types to make an accurate judgment about that type.

I do know this: my closest friends are : ENFJ, ISFJ, ESFP, ISTP, and some ISFP's and INTJ's thrown in.

ESTJ's don't get much love... and if you know one in real life you will understand.

Sign in Stranger Array nittanylion302's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by airjaw View Post

ESTJ's don't get much love... and if you know one in real life you will understand.

seriously, my brother is an ESTJ, we have nothing in common and he's so damn anal about controlling things

My two best friends are an INTJ and an ISTP
    It is not down in any map; true places never are

Type
    INTP

my partner is entj i know nothing really about mbti types but estj's definately get my vote for the most lying, shallow, controlling, revenge driven types. If you want kicking in the head whilst your down i would plump for an estj.

staw away n00bs Array charred_heart's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

ENFJs are the most ilkeable as far as first impressions in a public setting are concerned.

My favourites are INTJ, INFJ, INTP and INFP. Haven't known a lot of Es to put them up on my favourites list.

Least liked? Egotistical bastards of all types are hated in general, but the extroverted thinkers are notorious for displaying it to everyone around them - all the time.
    Intuition without concept is blind; Concept without intuition is empty
    You see things and you say "Why?"
    I dream things that never were and say "Why not?"

Type
    ENTJ

Hm, I would perhaps base this more on the individual person than on type, although Im obviously drawn to people with a certain personality.

My best friends are (I think) ENTP,ISTP,INFP,INTP and INFJ. I have one ENFP friend but I can be with him only maybe once a week because beeing with him is very exausting.
    The ENTP I get along best with, he's like my soulmate.

I also get along ok with ESxP people, if I dont have to be around them all the time. SJ people I will usually avoid though.
    Last edited by Dark Razor; 30 Dec 2006 at 01:20 AM.
    "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, its yours. If it doesnt, it never was." 8w7 sx/sp

Type
    INXP

The reason why I started this thread is that it seems like logical people tend to be disliked. NTs appreciate reality and aren't going to ignore reality because it is harsh. They seek to make sense of things and for some reason this can be viewed by others as 'focusing on the negative', being 'obsessive', criticizing or simply being 'mean'.

STs don't analyze very much anyway so they come acoss as nicer simply because they talk about regular things. How can one dislike a person if they are talking about fixing a roof?

Healthy and typical SFs and NFs dislike the harshness of reality and usually tend to focus only the good parts. They say 'nice' things without regard to whether they are true or not.

Often times in film the evil character is a genius 'mad' doctor or scientist whose penchant for understanding complexities is driven by evil desires. Even 'The Island' which I loved BTW had this cliche 'mad' doctor as its antagonist. I think the underlying reason for this mad scientist character is peoples' general dislike for logic. Logic is seen as the opposite to heart and love. It's an unfortunate prejudice.

Made in Thailand Array Jennywocky's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Notsweetynice View Post
    The reason why I started this thread is that it seems like logical people tend to be disliked. NTs appreciate reality and aren't going to ignore reality because it is harsh. They seek to make sense of things and for some reason this can be viewed by others as 'focusing on the negative', being 'obsessive', criticizing or simply being 'mean'.

STs don't analyze very much anyway so they come acoss as nicer simply because they talk about regular things. How can one dislike a person if they are talking about fixing a roof?

Healthy and typical SFs and NFs dislike the harshness of reality and usually tend to focus only the good parts. They say 'nice' things without regard to whether they are true or not.

Often times in film the evil character is a genius 'mad' doctor or scientist whose penchant for understanding complexities is driven by evil desires. Even 'The Island' which I loved BTW had this cliche 'mad' doctor as its antagonist. I think the underlying reason for this mad scientist character is peoples' general dislike for logic. Logic is seen as the opposite to heart and love. It's an unfortunate prejudice.
    I wouldn't go that far. It sounds almost like you're saying NTs are better than other types.

Yes, sometimes we can be judged unfairly, just because we bring up POVs that people don't enjoy hearing.

But sometimes this is mostly a communication/context problem; it's not just the logic that is annoying, it's the way we communicate it or how we communicate it when it's inappropriate to context.

I also would not polarize "niceness" against "truth." Often the nice stuff IS true and not fraudulent; it's simply that the bad stuff is not being dealt with in a way we think is logical. Sometimes we're the ones who are being inappropriate; sometimes it's the SF/NF who needs to get a little "tougher."

I admire people who can possess both edge AND courtesy/niceness. Healthy xxFJs can do it and *have* done it... (to a degree where I don't want to screw with them, they are formidable!). The two traits are not exclusive in the way you've painted them to be.
    "The word on her lips is always YES, and all her being says YES YES YES to all that is happening and all that is offered her." - Anais Nin
    I love my life.

Type
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Notsweetynice View Post
    i think that infj types are able to look difficulties & darkness squarely in the face and acknowledge them without pouring on the honey to dissmiss/simplify complex realities -

although i suppose i did this sort of "focus only the good parts" kind of thing 15 years ago..(course things were easier when i was younger so probably context counts)

in the last few years, i have definately become more in touch with Ti and less ruled by Fe so much in recent years due to experiences with loss (which shed quite a bit of my sheltered life bubble) & absolutely needing the Ni w/ Ti to understand human dynamics for survival purposes.

i guess i related to F-types more when i was younger and *now* relate & communicate more successfully witht Ts. (not because i don't like and admire F-types but find that when i talk about heavy subjects, or when i'm in my monotone Ti logic mode, it freaks them out - lol *apologizes*)

could be from being in my thirties... could be from experiences..
    but i definately don't sugar coat or just say "nice things" these days

comfort level currently for inner-circle (in order of strenth): intj, isfj, intp (probably another infj if i ever meet one), istj, entp

i always seem to "primaly" get attracted to lots of EPs on N & S spectrum but have been emotionaly manipulated enough with my last EP associations to take a break (i still like their charisma, though... i just admire from a safe distance now) -

Type
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. It sounds almost like you're saying NTs are better than other types.
    I didn't imply that. I wrote about how NTs are perceived.

Yes, sometimes we can be judged unfairly, just because we bring up POVs that people don't enjoy hearing.
    I don't think it is bringing up unpopular POVs that make NTs less likable, but their tendency to be logical.

But sometimes this is mostly a communication/context problem; it's not just the logic that is annoying, it's the way we communicate it or how we communicate it when it's inappropriate to context.
    I would say that sounding logical is inappropriate in most situations irregardless of the delivery.

I also would not polarize "niceness" against "truth." Often the nice stuff IS true and not fraudulent; it's simply that the bad stuff is not being dealt with in a way we think is logical. Sometimes we're the ones who are being inappropriate; sometimes it's the SF/NF who needs to get a little "tougher."

I admire people who can possess both edge AND courtesy/niceness. Healthy xxFJs can do it and *have* done it... (to a degree where I don't want to screw with them, they are formidable!). The two traits are not exclusive in the way you've painted them to be.
    Being analytical makes people less likable. It's something I've noticed time and time again. Even very polite and good people lose likability points if they come across as analytical. Being nice/polite and logical at the same time is very possible and usually occurs, BUT others don't perceive that. SFs and NFs don't analyze as much and tend to focus more on the positive rather the actual middle point. This makes them more likable in general.