This thread idea is stolen from what would be my guess a 99% SP/SJ site. I don't know if it will go over as well here, but I hope so. I have to admit it was so incredibly funny (IcyHot & masterbation that I HAD to steal it! I have adapted it slightly, and these are in no particular order:
1. Jumping off a HIGH bridge to prove that I wasn't a chicken:
Lesson learned: That if my friends jumped off a bridge- I WOULD do it too.
2. Riding a Greyhound bus across 5 states:
Lesson learned: The people you meet are NOT interesting and it's worth the extra $250 to fly!
3. Getting thrown off of a mechanical bull:
Lesson learned: 8 seconds is longer than you think!
4. Getting questioned by the police:
Lesson learned: Find out who is throwing the party and make sure it is their house.
5. Swimming across a lake while intoxicated:
Lesson learned: Alcohol, a cocky attitude, and swimming don't mix well.
6. Finding myself in the center of a mosh pit:
Lesson learned: I AM actually smaller and weaker than the guys, and no number of Long Islands will change this fact. Oh, and mosh pits are not "awesome" no matter what anyone says.
7. Getting bit by a brown recluse:
Lesson learned: Wash blankets you get out of an attic.
8. Getting poison ivy:
Lesson learned: Never wear shorts while hiking & don't scratch, it will spread.
9. Wearing Light-up high heels to a club:
Lesson learned: If you cannot dance, tacky light-up shoes will only accentuate this.