Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What experiences do you hope to never repeat?

Type
    ENFJ

Talking What experiences do you hope to never repeat?

This thread idea is stolen from what would be my guess a 99% SP/SJ site. I don't know if it will go over as well here, but I hope so. I have to admit it was so incredibly funny (IcyHot & masterbation that I HAD to steal it! I have adapted it slightly, and these are in no particular order:

1. Jumping off a HIGH bridge to prove that I wasn't a chicken:
    Lesson learned: That if my friends jumped off a bridge- I WOULD do it too.

2. Riding a Greyhound bus across 5 states:
    Lesson learned: The people you meet are NOT interesting and it's worth the extra $250 to fly!

3. Getting thrown off of a mechanical bull:
    Lesson learned: 8 seconds is longer than you think!

4. Getting questioned by the police:
    Lesson learned: Find out who is throwing the party and make sure it is their house.

5. Swimming across a lake while intoxicated:
    Lesson learned: Alcohol, a cocky attitude, and swimming don't mix well.

6. Finding myself in the center of a mosh pit:
    Lesson learned: I AM actually smaller and weaker than the guys, and no number of Long Islands will change this fact. Oh, and mosh pits are not "awesome" no matter what anyone says.

7. Getting bit by a brown recluse:
    Lesson learned: Wash blankets you get out of an attic.

8. Getting poison ivy:
    Lesson learned: Never wear shorts while hiking & don't scratch, it will spread.

9. Wearing Light-up high heels to a club:
    Lesson learned: If you cannot dance, tacky light-up shoes will only accentuate this.
    "When watching men of power in action it must be always kept in mind that, whether they know it or not, their main purpose is the elimination or neutralization of the independent individual- the independent voter, consumer, worker, owner, thinker- and that every device they employ aims at turning men into a manipulable "animated instrument" which is Aristotle's definition of a slave." Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Made in Thailand Array Jennywocky's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    8. Getting poison ivy:
    Lesson learned: Never wear shorts while hiking & don't scratch, it will spread.
    Oh, great. Thanks for reminding me of one of the most MISERABLE experiences of my life.
    "The word on her lips is always YES, and all her being says YES YES YES to all that is happening and all that is offered her." - Anais Nin
    I love my life.

Good enough for Me Array Google Monster's Avatar
    Type
    XXXX

Swimming with about 50 jelly fish

I conduct vanity searches Array Rajah's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP

1. Getting hit by an ambulance. Ambulances are kind of cool. Ambulances plowing into your car are not.

Lesson learned: If you see an ambulance coming towards your car, don't just sit there silently. Speak up. Hey, I was 3.

2. Law school.

Lesson learned: Law school itself isn't too bad. Being a lawyer sucks. Nip it in the bud.

3. Misguided sense of duty.

Lesson learned: If there's something you want, pursue it. Don't do something your heart's not in just because you think you "should."

4. Cheating on a high school exam.

Lesson learned: Take the crappy grade. I still feel guilty about it, and I'm all old and stuff.

Senior Member Array TheFallandRiseOf's Avatar
    Type
    INFP

1) Don't get dropped off at provincial parties without double-checking the address. A friend and I ended up stuck at a Once Were Warriors-esque funeral wake (gulp) having been given the wrong instructions for a nice safe middle-class white kids (we were 16) 'how cool are we' Britpop evening. Er - saw a few new challenges for dentists before getting a lift to the nearest town pub with several drunk Mongrel Mob members (no cellphones back then). Thank the heavens that 'Killer' got a flattie and we were forced to go the whole distance at a speed of 10km per hour - otherwise I might not be writing this.

2) Do not follow a sea-snake.

3) Don't be too nice to social misfits. You can't help some people - being stalked is not cool.
    Too Legit To Quit

I conduct vanity searches Array Rajah's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallandRiseOf View Post
    A friend and I ended up stuck at a Once Were Warriors-esque funeral wake (gulp) having been given the wrong instructions for a nice safe middle-class white kids (we were 16) 'how cool are we' Britpop evening.
    Now, that's hilarious.

Type
    INTP

1. not reporting a crime, and getting in trouble for it.
    (saw a coworker stealing money, and never said anything. I got into a lot of trouble when all was found out. next time, i'll save my own butt first).

2. going skinny dipping in lake michigan w/ my sister and cousin.
    (I lost my bikini in the water and couldn't find it. entire extended family was on the shore. not a good day.)

3. the IB diploma in high school. ouch.

4. spending almost 3 years majoring in 'biomedical sciences'. it sucked.

5. working as a cashier in walgreens. worst job in the whole world.

6. going to a catholic school (w/o being catholic) for 9 years (kindergarden to 8th grade). its messed me up for life.

7. being nice to everybody, including really strange people who like to stalk you. (just like w/ "FallandRiseof")

8. water drinking contest. I won (it's one of my talents), but at a price.

9. hindi lessons and going to temple. nuf said.

10. the time my grandma's sari caught on fire

11. being (nearly) clawed, and then chased by a monkey in india. then having my hair chewed my a camel the next day. an elephant farted on my sister. but it effected me more (having to be around her). Also, a snake crawled into the toilet, and decided to set up house there. And a lizard decided to get into bed w/ me. this was all in one trip to the mother country.

12. jumping off of a cliff in hawaii, into the water. I landed on my butt, and chaffed my skin. Couldn't walk for a little while.

13. Having to tell my parents that I have a boyfriend. And he isn't indian. or premed(that part really bothered them).---- (though at least he isn't muslim and/or black. or hispanic. Then i'd have been in more trouble).

Good enough for Me Array Google Monster's Avatar
    Type
    XXXX

Pooja reminds me, I also jumped off a cliff. 25 feet on the rocks below, couldn't walk for 6-7 months.

Lesson learned: apparntly nothing, I'd say look before you leap but that's also how I swam with 50 jelly fish.

Cynical Facetious Heckler Array mancroft's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    2. Riding a Greyhound bus across 5 states:
    Lesson learned: The people you meet are NOT interesting and it's worth the extra $250 to fly!
    I once rode a Greyhound from SF to NY non stop and I really, really do know what you mean.
    INTPC UK Photos ... MBTI Guide

Baaaraaack Obaaamaaa.

Made in Thailand Array Jennywocky's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    4. Cheating on a high school exam.

Lesson learned: Take the crappy grade. I still feel guilty about it, and I'm all old and stuff.
    The one time I cheated in high school (because everyone else was, and the teacher wasn't doing anything about it, so I was just sick of working hard and having everyone else get the same grade with no work), I got caught.

One of my illustrious peers got out my cheat sheet and left it sitting on top of my notebook.

I'm still annoyed at my peer, and I still feel guilty for doing something so stupid.
    "The word on her lips is always YES, and all her being says YES YES YES to all that is happening and all that is offered her." - Anais Nin
    I love my life.