Thread: What is John Nash's type?

Iconoclast Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Default What is John Nash's type?

Do you guys think that he was an INTP? Some sources identify him as an INTJ, but I am not sure, the way he thinks sounds Tiish... And he seemed to be solving problems for the sake of solving them... Dont know if he was organized or unstructured... this wasnt featured very clearly in the movie..

I am thinking about John Nash from beautiful mind... not the real person... The real john nash may be slightly different.
    "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. " Bertrand Russell

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf399 View Post
    Do you guys think that he was an INTP? Some sources identify him as an INTJ, but I am not sure, the way he thinks sounds Tiish... And he seemed to be solving problems for the sake of solving them... Dont know if he was organized or unstructured... this wasnt featured very clearly in the movie..

I am thinking about John Nash from beautiful mind... not the real person... The real john nash may be slightly different.
    heh it's hard to type a schizophrenic. i guess prior to his illness he was very j'ish at cmu...a real go getter so i've read. the INT part is inherent...to me only the j/p is debatable.

Made in Thailand Array Jennywocky's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jyakulis View Post
    heh it's hard to type a schizophrenic.
    LOL. That sounds like a great tagline.
    "The word on her lips is always YES, and all her being says YES YES YES to all that is happening and all that is offered her." - Anais Nin
    I love my life.

Banned Array
    Type
    iNxx

ESFJ

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

sorry the real John Nash couldn't get a movie made about him.

that would have been much more interesting.

Type
    INTJ

The INT part is, as was said, inherent. As for P/J, I'd probably choose P just because INTPs tend to be more "out there". INTPs and INTJs can both be very intelligent, but there is a difference. INTPs tend to have vivid imaginations and be somewhat detached from reality while INTJs are much more grounded because of their Te. Also, one of the features of schizophrenia is loosened associativity, which means that people tend to make associations between distantly or unrelated things easier. Nash did this. He saw all sorts of patterns in the newspaper, in the motion of birds, etc. Overractive pattern recognition. It's like a mutated Ne.

Type
    INTP

I think an INTJ would rationalize the hallucinations much differently then an INTP. If the INTJ could decide the hallucinations were false they would be more likely to prove that they were or to ignore them.

INTP I think might enjoy the stimulating conversation (it is technically with ones self). The INTP may flip flop on the debate on whether or not what they were seeing was real.

Once you have developed schizophrenia wouldn't you type differently?

Iconoclast Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chaselation View Post
    I think an INTJ would rationalize the hallucinations much differently then an INTP. If the INTJ could decide the hallucinations were false they would be more likely to prove that they were or to ignore them.

INTP I think might enjoy the stimulating conversation (it is technically with ones self). The INTP may flip flop on the debate on whether or not what they were seeing was real.

Once you have developed schizophrenia wouldn't you type differently?
    No you shouldnt type differently once you've developed schizophrenia. You would just be an abnormal INTP, not a different type. Perhaps your type may appear to be something different than it was before, but it will still be the same temperament just manifesting itself in a different fashion.
    "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. " Bertrand Russell