Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IQ and Personality

Type
    INTP

Exclamation IQ and Personality

Taken from libertycorner.blogspot.com/2004/03/iq-and-personality.html

" I recently came across some statistics about the personality traits of high-IQ persons (those who are in the top 2 percent of the population). The statistics pertain to a widely used personality test called the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). In the MBTI there are four pairs of complementary personality traits (which I sketch below): Extraverted/Introverted, Sensing/iNtuitive, Thinking/Feeling, and Judging/Perceiving. Thus, there are 16 possible personality types in the MBTI: ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ, ESFP, and so on.

In summary, here's what the statistics indicate about the correlation between personality traits and IQ:

* Other personality traits being the same, an iNtuitive person (one who grasps patterns and seeks possibilities) is 27 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Sensing person (one who focuses on sensory details and the here-and-now).

* Again, other traits being the same, an Introverted person is 8 times more likely to have a high IQ than one who is Extraverted; a Thinking (logic-oriented) person is 2.5 times more likely to have a high IQ than a Feeling (people-oriented) person; and a Judging person (one who seeks closure) is about twice as likely to have a high IQ than a Perceiving person (one who likes to keep his options open).

* Moreover, if you encounter an INTJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging), there is a 37% probability that his IQ places him in the top 2 percent of the population. The probability is 20% for an INTP, 15% for an INFJ, and 8% for an INFP. These four types account for 66% of the high-IQ population but only 6% of the total population. "

Unfortunately this guy didn't list his source. Sounds pretty accurate though.

-------------------

The "most accurate study" link several pages behind.

sengifted.org/articles_social/Sak_SynthesisOfResearchOnPsychologicalTypes.shtml

And the Collated version:
    Gifted Normal Index
    INTP 12.03 3.54 3.40
    INTJ 7.53 2.62 2.87
    INFP 10.41 3.89 2.68
    INFJ 4.78 1.79 2.67
    ENTP 11.35 4.89 2.32
    ENFP 15.45 7.6 2.03
    ENTJ 5.84 3.93 1.49
    ENFJ 4.55 3.61 1.26
    ISTJ 6.83 6.92 0.99
    ISTP 3.23 4.16 0.78
    ESTP 3.21 6.52 0.49
    ISFJ 2.73 6.82 0.40
    ISFP 2.15 5.4 0.40
    ESFP 2.63 9.37 0.28
    ESTJ 3.89 14.97 0.26
    ESFJ 3.31 13.97 0.24

-------

And another study::

INTJ
    1 High School Males IQ
    2 9th - 12th graders IQ
    3.5 8th graders IQ

ENTP
    1 8th graders IQ
    1 9th - 12th graders IQ
    4 High School males IQ

INTP
    2 High school males IQ
    4 9th - 12th graders IQ
    6 8th graders IQ

INFP
    3 High School males IQ
    3 9th - 12th graders IQ
    3.5 8th graders IQ

INFJ
    5 High School Males IQ
    6 9th - 12th graders IQ
    11 8th Graders IQ

ENFP
    2 8th graders IQ
    7 High School Males IQ
    16 9th - 12th graders IQ

ENFJ
    6 High School Males IQ
    7 8th graders IQ
    9 9th - 12th graders IQ

ENTJ
    5 8th graders IQ
    5 9th to 12th Graders IQ
    8 High school males IQ

------

Courtesy of Hustler, Meanlittlechimp, meanlittlechimp, respectively.

Cheers
    Last edited by nadash; 27 Jul 2007 at 06:34 PM.

Ornery Hathor of Krikkit Array booyalab's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nadash View Post
    Unfortunately this guy didn't list his source. Sounds pretty accurate though.
    yeah, I especially like the fact that it confirms my bias towards ESFPs as being the most retarded type.
    "So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change." Renton, Trainspotting

Type
    INTP

According to all the internet tests, my IQ is between 150 and 165.

According to my personal experience, the IQ of every second ESFP is below that of a cactus.

Yep, I can confirm this study.

tin shitstamp Battle of Helms Deep Champion Array fripping's Avatar
    Type
    XxxX

the rest either make sense or seem like they can be argued to make sense, but what is it about that J that would boost scores. . .

if I have to be J to be smarter then maybe i'll finally listen to every normal human being in the world when they say IQ isn't everything. . .
    But I'm crying then I bang my head into the wall and then I see red and my forehead is now flat because I hit my head so hard. Then my friend Afams mom comes in and consoles me and I'm crying and my heads messed up then I tell her a quote of einsteins at that time my swag and flow was actually pretty high though.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    According to all the internet tests, my IQ is between 150 and 165.

According to my personal experience, the IQ of every second ESFP is below that of a cactus.

Yep, I can confirm this study.
    I have spent a lot of time with an EFSP over this last year. And no they aren't the brightest of God's creatures. Except they have an unerring ability to get you to do their thinking for them; the word parasite springs to mind.......

That is my mind not the mind of the ESP or whatever they have....

Are the cacti particularly dumb in your locale? Surely there must be several species of single cell organism you could have chosen instead of our prickly green friends?

Feel better for that............................
    "other people, as far as she knew, did not have such pictures in their heads, either sleeping or waking, so it would be unwise to mention them.", The Chrysalids by John Wyndham.

Introverted (I) 87.1% Extroverted (E) 12.9%
    Intuitive (N) 84.38% Sensing (S) 15.63%
    Thinking (T) 75% Feeling (F) 25%
    Perceiving (P) 69.7% Judging (J) 30.3%

Junior Member Array
    Type
    intp

Oh! Yes! Forgot to say I am relatively dumb 140.

A J will always do better at tests hence higher IQ rating.
    "other people, as far as she knew, did not have such pictures in their heads, either sleeping or waking, so it would be unwise to mention them.", The Chrysalids by John Wyndham.

Introverted (I) 87.1% Extroverted (E) 12.9%
    Intuitive (N) 84.38% Sensing (S) 15.63%
    Thinking (T) 75% Feeling (F) 25%
    Perceiving (P) 69.7% Judging (J) 30.3%

Member Array
    Type
    INTP

J being more into definite conclusions and answers would seem to be obviously correlated with testing higher.

Type
    xxxx

165... 140..? Goddamn you people are unhuman
    I come in at a "meager" 125...
    And I have to destroy your biased opinion about ESFP's, my best friend who is one of those has 123... but then again I can't really decide if he's N or S.
    I'm the spark that makes your idea bright - the same spark that lights the dark so that you can know your left from your right

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rocket-dog View Post
    Are the cacti particularly dumb in your locale? Surely there must be several species of single cell organism you could have chosen instead of our prickly green friends?
    The usual cactus at these latitudes finds it's way to the nearest greenhouse and enjoys it's brain-numbing problemless living in there. After awhile, they become quite dumb.

Isabera is the only intelligent cactus I've so far met in Finland. She lives on my window sill throughout the year and the freezing east wind has hardened her into an INTJ genious.

tin shitstamp Battle of Helms Deep Champion Array fripping's Avatar
    Type
    XxxX

yes, i suppose a multiple choice test is in itself more J.

so what would an esfp-designed test be? "can you charm this test subject into financing your extravagant lifestyle?" well, that's quite a useful skill to have, and by that standard i would be a moron.

seeing now that my type is statistically no longer completely #1 in the iq department, my eyes have opened a crack. every type has to have some kind of use for their brain equal in value to what i style intelligence or they'd just be life's roadkill.

according to my mom, my iq score is 386. according to internet tests, my iq score is CLICK HERE FOR A BIGGER PENIS!!!

i only pretend to be cool about iq on the outside though. even though i know it's not the absolute representation of intelligence it's the best measurement accepted as common coin. on the inside if i meet someone who is smarter than me i just want them to teach me everything they know that i could possibly use and then put them in jail/have them killed.
    But I'm crying then I bang my head into the wall and then I see red and my forehead is now flat because I hit my head so hard. Then my friend Afams mom comes in and consoles me and I'm crying and my heads messed up then I tell her a quote of einsteins at that time my swag and flow was actually pretty high though.