Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why are 5w6 said to be hardcore intp

Banned Array
    Type
    iNxx

5w6 are more into politics. They seem very awkward socially at times. But this is only, I think because they have a need to be liked(6wing). So it is possible that they may try too hard at times? I am just speculating.

5w4 seems farther removed from politics. I saw a healthy 5w4 INTJ professor who was at the top of his game. Very humanistic and very inspiring. He showed us that people tend to rob themselves. This person was incredibly intuitive, almost psychically. Enneagram 5 at top of his game reaches foresight and predict and becomes a profound visionary. Enneagram 4 at the top of their game becomes truly authentic and inspiring.

I always thought that INTJ was the personality for 5w4 and that INTP was the personality for 5w6. According to Oldham's, this is the case.

5w4 is the perfect personality for research scientist and 5w6 the perfect personality for engineer. I think the 5w6 wants to make things work while the 5w4 wants to comprehend the awesome nature of a thing's beauty.

Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oculus Sinister View Post
    5w6 are more into politics. They seem very awkward socially at times. But this is only, I think because they have a need to be liked(6wing). So it is possible that they may try too hard at times? I am just speculating.

5w4 seems farther removed from politics. I saw a healthy 5w4 INTJ professor who was at the top of his game. Very humanistic and very inspiring. He showed us that people tend to rob themselves. This person was incredibly intuitive, almost psychically. Enneagram 5 at top of his game reaches foresight and predict and becomes a profound visionary. Enneagram 4 at the top of their game becomes truly authentic and inspiring.

I always thought that INTJ was the personality for 5w4 and that INTP was the personality for 5w6. According to Oldham's, this is the case.

5w4 is the perfect personality for research scientist and 5w6 the perfect personality for engineer. I think the 5w6 wants to make things work while the 5w4 wants to comprehend the awesome nature of a thing's beauty.
    Actually, INTJs are more likely to be 5w6 than 5w4.

tin shitstamp Battle of Helms Deep Champion Array fripping's Avatar
    Type
    XxxX

Quote Originally Posted by officehome&student View Post
    Actually, INTJs are more likely to be 5w6 than 5w4.
    yeah, dude! i have no idea if that's theoretically true, but 5w6 intps have always seemed more like intjs to me than 5w4s. i don't know if intjs really are 5w6, or just resemble it or what, i'm not even so sure about enneagram itself. but i really agree with the ramifications of what you said.

it's my theory that 5w4s tend to be very P in the case of an intp and somewhat J with an intj (+.5P for either type), while 5w6 tends to be somewhat P with an intp and very J with an intj (+.5J for either type). this could be nonsense but it makes sense to me.
    But I'm crying then I bang my head into the wall and then I see red and my forehead is now flat because I hit my head so hard. Then my friend Afams mom comes in and consoles me and I'm crying and my heads messed up then I tell her a quote of einsteins at that time my swag and flow was actually pretty high though.

Senior Member Array
    Type
    xxxx

I've taken two different tests, and scored 5w6 and 4(5 close), respectivly, I guess that makes me a 5w4, or not settled yet.
    http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php
    http://www.9types.com/newtest/homepage.actual.html

Edit, took the variant test on eclecticenergies.
    You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with 4 wing

Sexual variant

That settles it for me.
    Last edited by cripple; 20 Feb 2008 at 11:13 PM.

Looking for love, maybe Array aether's Avatar
    PNW (currently) LA County/NorCal (formerly) & Northern Nicaragua (initially)
    Type
    INTP

I've scored 5w6 before.

Quote Originally Posted by Oculus Sinister View Post
    I've thought the same thing.

tin shitstamp Battle of Helms Deep Champion Array fripping's Avatar
    Type
    XxxX

i took a tally of the intjs on the intj forum and 5w6 (23 total) seems to be more prevalent among them than 5w4 (12 total).
    http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?...neagram&page=1
    But I'm crying then I bang my head into the wall and then I see red and my forehead is now flat because I hit my head so hard. Then my friend Afams mom comes in and consoles me and I'm crying and my heads messed up then I tell her a quote of einsteins at that time my swag and flow was actually pretty high though.

Type
    ISTP

These are some distinctions of the two from Thomas Condon's Changeworks:
    Five With a 4 Wing

The difference between the 4 wing and the 6 wing in Fives is like the difference between Art and Science. 4 wing brings an abstract, intuitive cast of thought, as though the Five were thinking in geometric shapes instead of words or realistic images. May be talented artistically and inhabit moods like Fours do. Combine intellectual and emotional imagination. Enjoy the realm of philosophy and beautiful constructs of thought. The marriage of mental perspective and aesthetics is the best of life for them.

When more defensive may seem a little ghostly, have a whisper in their voice. Fluctuate between impersonal withdrawal and bursts of friendly caring. Can get floaty and abstract. Act like they're inside a bubble, sometimes with an air of implicit superiority. Clich? of the "absentminded professor" applies especially to Fives with this wing.

Environmentally sensitive and subject at times to total overwhelm. Touchy about criticism. Can be slow to recover from traumatic events. Melancholy isolation and bleak existential depression are possible pitfalls.

Real-Life Fives With a 4 Wing: Laurie Anderson, Samuel Beckett, Paul Bowles, Tim Burton, David Byrne, Agatha Christie, Daniel Day-Lewis, T.S. Eliot, Albert Einstein, Jeremy Irons, Philip Kaufman, Gary Larson, George Lucas, David Lynch, Peter Matthiessen, Ian McEwan, Thelonious Monk, Georgia O'Keefe,

Five With a 6 Wing

The 6 wing brings an orientation to detail and technical knowledge, along with the tendency to think in logical sequence. Especially intellectual, far more analytical than Fives with a 4 wing. Can be loyal friends, offering strong behind-the-scenes support. Kind, patient teachers, skillful experts. May have a sense of mission and work hard.

Sometimes project an aura of sensitive nerdiness and have clumsy social skills. When defensive, they can be unnerved by the expectations of others. May like people more but avoid them more. Especially sensitive to social indebtedness. Could have trouble saying "thank you." Fear of taking action, develop "information addiction" instead. Ask lots of questions but don't get around to the decision at hand.

When more entranced, they develop a suspicious scrutiny of other people's motives but can also be blind followers. Misanthropic and Scrooge-like when defensive. More able to keep their feelings cut off in a constant way. Can be cold, skeptical, ironic, and disassociated.

A Five's 6 wing can be phobic or counterphobic. Counterphobic 6 wing brings courage and antiauthoritarian attitudes. When defensive they may mock authority, or angrily tell others off. Tend to "push the envelope," experiment, find what the limits are.

Real-Life Fives With a 6 Wing: Michael Crichton, Bobby Fischer (counterphobic), Jane Goodall, H.R. Haldeman, Arthur (The Amazing) Kreskin, John le Carr?, Vladimir Lenin, Leonard Maltin, Sam Neill, Michelle Pfeiffer (counterphobic), Oliver Sacks, Ebenezer Scrooge, B. F. Skinner, George Stephanopoulos, Madeleine Stowe.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.-Winston Churchill

Made in Thailand Array Jennywocky's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    I've thought the same thing.
    Which still blows my mind, because the INTJs I know do NOT fit into the descriptions of 5w4. Some claim to have gotten that score, but I haven't met any actually INTJs who come across like 5w4s as per the description, they usually feel (i.e., "present") as Ones. Te driven by Ni has a strong impact on this.

And many many INTPs do score as 5w4s and present as 5w4s.

Weird. I'd like to know where this INTJ rumor is coming from.
    "The word on her lips is always YES, and all her being says YES YES YES to all that is happening and all that is offered her." - Anais Nin
    I love my life.

Type
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    You are most likely a type 5 or 9.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test again later.
    Heh, I broke that test too. I said I was most likely a type 5, but with wings it said 9w1??
    Bah.

Junior Member Array san-cervaza's Avatar
    Type
    INTX

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    These are some distinctions of the two from Thomas Condon's Changeworks:
    shit, im both!

where did this intj rumour come from?

well ME

does individuality exist in the larger scheme of things
    there are apparently some trees in california that stem for shit loads of miles but are essentially just one tree because they all share the same identical root structure

does this relate to mbti and that crazy indian "wave" regeneration
    shit.

please dont ask me to expand on my question - i know not