Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seinfeld personality types

Member Array
    Type
    intp

Default Seinfeld personality types

Along the same lines as the Simpson personality types, what personality types do you think the characters of Seinfeld have?

Here is my take. One thing to be pointed out is that it's considerably harder to to discern introverted thinking in a tv show.

Jerry Seinfeld- INTJ (in real life, he is known to be serious and disciplined.)
    Elaine Benes- ENFJ
    George Costanza- ISTP (with uncomfortably forced extraversion in certain social situations)
    Cosmo Kramer- INTP

Kramer is definitely an INTP. He is the quintesssential underachieving slacker who frequently develops crazy, yet logical ideas.
    Illusion is the first of all pleasures--Oscar Wilde

INFJ Ambassador to INTPtopia Array Eileen's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ

You know... it's funny. I think that the characters on Seinfeld are MORE charicature-like than, say, The Simpsons.

As such, I think they're harder to type.
    INFJ

Kanshiketsu Array
    Type
    xxxx

I thought Jerry seemed more ENTJ (at least on the show).

Type
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist
    Kramer is definitely an INTP. He is the quintesssential underachieving slacker who frequently develops crazy, yet logical ideas.
    Nonono. Kramer's ENTP. And a great example of one, too.
    Elro

otterly fucked up Array Sir Isaac Lime's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Interesting, people use to call me Kramer in high school. I love the way he opens doors though. hehehe

I'd agree that he's an extrovert though

Member Array
    Type
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Nonono. Kramer's ENTP. And a great example of one, too.
    That's what I first thought, too. However, Kramer is often reserved when it comes to talking about his life. Do you ever notice that we really don't know much about Kramer's past? In one episode, Jerry mentions that he's been trying to find out Kramer's name for the last ten years. I should really stop overanalyzing a fictional character. Too little is known.
    Illusion is the first of all pleasures--Oscar Wilde

_____ Array
    Type
    INTJ

Dr. Caligari

So all the main characters are N (including George)? I remember watching this show in middle school and I've always wondered why I felt that I could relate to the characters, even if it was on a very marginal level.

I think it's possible that Kramer's an I, even though he behaves like an E. There are extremely shy and quiet extroverts, after all.

Type
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist
    That's what I first thought, too. However, Kramer is often reserved when it comes to talking about his life. Do you ever notice that we really don't know much about Kramer's past? In one episode, Jerry mentions that he's been trying to find out Kramer's name for the last ten years. I should really stop overanalyzing a fictional character. Too little is known.
    You can see it from an image perspective. E's are more aware of how information can affect their image, so they actively discriminate on what they want to share. Kramer's motives for doing this doesn't seem like an introvert's motives.

Type

According to TypeLogic he's ENTP, and Seinfeld is ENTJ.
    With a friend like an ESFJ, who needs enemies?