View Poll Results: Which Personality is the Most Compatible with INTP?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFJ

43 25.60%
  • ENFP

44 26.19%
  • ENTJ

30 17.86%
  • ENTP

34 20.24%
  • ESFJ

10 5.95%
  • ESFP

13 7.74%
  • ESTJ

4 2.38%
  • ESTP

11 6.55%
  • INFJ

70 41.67%
  • INFP

45 26.79%
  • INTJ

37 22.02%
  • INTP

61 36.31%
  • ISFJ

11 6.55%
  • ISFP

11 6.55%
  • ISTJ

6 3.57%
  • ISTP

16 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Compatible Relationship for INTP

Type
    INTJ

Red face Most Compatible Relationship for INTP

REMINDER: you can vote for multiple personalities

I heard that relationship wise (boy and girl), introverts like extraverts and extraverts like introverts. I've also noticed people talking about how much they like iNtuitives.

ENTJ didn't seem like a very popular pick among the forums.

But I was wondering about some things.

How bout an ENFJ? How would you spot one in real life, and are they good with INTP? What would be the downfalls of a relationship with one?

How bout an ENFP? How would you spot one in real life, and are they good with INTP? What would be the downfalls of a relationship with one?

How bout an ENTP? How would you spot one in real life, and are they good with INTP? What would be the downfalls of a relationship with one?

Are any of these personalities good with the INTP or would you recommend a certain personality?

Which personality is the most perfectionist, and is that a bad thing or a good thing?

Most importantly, are there any personalities that go well with the INTP, yet the INTP believes that their way of thinking of life is way off?

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INFX

I always thought the best relationships would be the opposite of the 'F-T' function. In any relationship, for it to work, someone's gotta be dominant(MY OPINION, please don't chew my ass off if you disagree). That being said, Fs and Ts need to be together, but have the rest of their functions as the same as possilbe.

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

jeez.

type doesn't fucking matter. effort and maturity do.

Type
    INTP

I think INTPs and INTJs would require the least amount of effort. I have also done pretty well with a couple of ISTPs. ISFPs are kind of sketchy. Extraverts are the devil.

I think it depends on how strong you are on each of your functions, and how strong the other person is. I could probably get along with a weak to moderate sensor or judger pretty well because I'm pretty weak in terms of intuition and perceiving, but I'm a pretty strong introvert and pretty strong thinker, making extraverts and feelers tough to deal with.

Senior Member Tetris Champion, SAM Site Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion Array !diom's Avatar
    Type
    IXXP

They're all good.

Type
    INTP

How bout an ENFJ? How would you spot one in real life, and are they good with INTP? What would be the downfalls of a relationship with one?
    I'm dating one. I think in principle it should work well E,F, and J temper some of my more negative INTP tendencies. For the most part having a J around to break you out of a horrendous procrastination cycle is helpful. But, there was one type profile that mentioned "The First Shall Be Last" and it can be frustratingly true... one give away would be idealism, another would be a little absentminded iNtuitivity.

It works kind of like the current US Govt. She makes most of the laws, but I retain veto power, the ability to project force, and she generally goes along with it when I do something embarrassing and stupid. Add a dose of student debt, some bickering, and gridlock and it's almost a spot on description... sans bank failures and "faith based initiatives".

Healthy people can have a successful relationship with any type, but I'd say on average we're going to get along much better in the long term with N's (mind mates). An ESFx combo would be a little too much for me. Voted INFJ ENFJ, INTP, INFP, INTJ, ENTP, and ENTJ (if you're into that sort of thing, it could work). Sorry ENFP's, you might be a little too flighty.

Bear in mind that MBTI should fly right out of the window if you meet someone you like. Keeping someone out of your life because of four letters from a questionably accurate online (usually) exam would be pretty stupid.

Type
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis24 View Post
    I always thought the best relationships would be the opposite of the 'F-T' function. In any relationship, for it to work, someone's gotta be dominant(MY OPINION, please don't chew my ass off if you disagree). That being said, Fs and Ts need to be together, but have the rest of their functions as the same as possilbe.
    I am an INFP who tried to be with an INTP, and the T/F distinction caused so many problems that the relationship was miserable for both of us. I don't recommend it. It had nothing to do with dominance. (I'm submissive, he's dominant, and it would have been fine if that were the only issue.) It had to do with the fact that I thought he was a psychopath with no conscience, and he saw my compassion as a weakness whenever it was inconvenient or impractical to take a moral stance.

We found each other unacceptable, and because of this, he tried to abuse me into letting go of my values. I held onto them firmly, nearly martyring myself in order to set an example of patience in an attempt to manipulate him into caring about kindness. We both failed. When I saw that I was being psychologically damaged to the point of losing myself, I didn't turn into a T like he wanted. I gave him several chances to stop hurting me, then I left. When he saw that I would not resort to violence or hatred, even to defend myself, he did not follow my example, embrace pacifism, and turn into an F. He just took advantage and used it as further proof that I was not worthy of respect. It was stupid for either of us to think that we could reform the other. If he wanted to behave in ways that seemed evil to me, then I couldn't stop him. If I wanted to behave in ways that seemed weak to him, then I found strenth in my own choices regardless of how I was punished.

Be very careful if you attempt to be in a relationship with someone who is the same as you are except for the T/F. The urge to manipulate each other might be nearly impossible to overcome because your differences will likely hit at the very core of the F's values and will be an intellectual annoyance to the T.

INTP ladypet Array attila_the_hunny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    I am an INFP who tried to be with an INTP, and the T/F distinction caused so many problems that the relationship was miserable for both of us. I don't recommend it.
    Your ex had issues that have nothing to do with his personality type.

Type
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by attila_the_hunny View Post
    Your ex had issues that have nothing to do with his personality type.
    Absolutely. One of the things I admire most about my INTP is his high level of integrity and kindness and gentleness. Character isn't the same as personality.

Type
    INTP

I can speak only from my experience, but I've been most attracted to, and had the longest and most significant relationships with, ENFPs and other INTPs -- friends or otherwise. That is likely a result of my personal experience as much as anything else, so I suspect any inquiry into type matching is going to produce widely varied results, with some extreme outliers. I get along with quite a few INTJs as well, though I've never tried to have a significant relationship with one. I have met a few really down-to-earth INFPs, and I like them a good deal, but the ones I have known more closely have had the tendency to get moralizing and annoying. INFJs that I have known are slightly less annoying about their moralizing, being confident in their own beliefs I suppose. ENTPs (and ENTJs a bit less so) are cool, too, but they tend to require more attention of me than I can handle for more than a few days.
    helium, the Noblest Gas
    Pessimism is an open door to nice surprises.
    Facebook | Twitter
    Green Celebrity News