Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INFP male-INTP female relationships

Junior Member Array JuicyBurger's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Default INFP male-INTP female relationships

I have a crush on an INFP guy. I've never felt so drawn to someone before in my entire life.

But I dunno, I'm afraid I'm going to end up breaking his fragile heart. I don't know if I'm capable of being in a committed relationship. I'm very indecisive about the whole thing (surprise! ) so I'm going to continue over-analyzing things.

Anyone here been in an INTP female INFP male relationship?

Disgruntled & Voluptuous Array A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Is that bacon on your burger?

*remembers that he forgot to eat lunch*
    you'll recognize brainsex when it happens. -fripping

Type
    INTP

Before worrying about breaking his fragile heart you might want to see if the feeling is mutual first.

Type
    INfP

Ahh, INFP/INTP relations....two sides of the same coin.

From what I've read, the relationship can either work splendidly or be disastrous. I've noticed that many broken relationships were between INTP men and INFP women. I speculate the causation of this correlation in that T men and F women are less prone to balance their opposite preference as opposed to F men and T women. One of the main draws to that relationship combo is that each person make the same conclusion but reach it in very different ways. Though the Ti and Fi differences can head butt, frequent collisions can leave sore feelings.

Now I'm starting to wonder how a gay or lesbo INTP/INFP relationship would pan out.....

Here's a INTP woman's experience with an INFP male.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3vEbWGE-N0[/YOUTUBE]

Type
    INTP

@ video: T = intellectual?

She mentions that it has been recommended that "she take an ESTJ, or an ESFJ."

She is into adult education, and signs off with a "peace and blessings."

Just saying.

Banned Array
    Type
    INFP

I don't think it is possible to break the heart of an INFP. They are just too flexible to break. So if you want to, go for it, but remember you have to be really subtle and understanding and sweet. They like that stuff if it's real.

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mayflow View Post
    I don't think it is possible to break the heart of an INFP. They are just too flexible to break.
    You never saw a jaded INFP before? It's a scary sight. Those people are vicious.
    So many bricks, so few cars. - MoneyJungle

Made in Thailand Array Jennywocky's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyBurger View Post
    I have a crush on an INFP guy. I've never felt so drawn to someone before in my entire life.

But I dunno, I'm afraid I'm going to end up breaking his fragile heart. I don't know if I'm capable of being in a committed relationship. I'm very indecisive about the whole thing (surprise! ) so I'm going to continue over-analyzing things.

Anyone here been in an INTP female INFP male relationship?
    Ugh.

I really like my INFP male friends, and they are sweet as can be and just so sensitive in good ways...

.. but yeah, at the same time, I end up feeling like cold in comparison to them, and they can express emotional attachments verbally just off the cuff to me while I just can't utter the words because I'm intellectualizing and then feel bad because I can't respond in kind, I'm just not that way; and they also are SO sensitive and protective of peoples feelings that they are either always apologizing for something that needs no apology for, or they're unwilling to enjoy me directly and bluntly over issues that I'd love to discuss but that they consider delicate, etc.

It's hard, they don't often put all their cards on the table and talk plainly because they tend to always protect the other person's feelings, which can be good but for me is not what I'm looking for, I can take care of myself and meanwhile need to approach things head-on.

Yeah, jaded INFPs can be wicked. Once you cross their values, you are SOOO toast. I just listened to a rant last night from one, it just blows my mind how they can be so sweet one second and the next moment cutting something loathsome (to them) off at the knees. I just know better than to jade them.

anyway, I don't meant to make this sound like a dissing section, I have a few really close male INFP friends who I can know I can trust with my heart. But my biggest bone is that they're so worried about not hurting you, they don't get in there and just tussle with you over things. In a LTR, I want someone who I know I can be as blunt and direct about things as I want, without them trying to dodge out of the way, or duck under things, or not plunge in with me.
    "The word on her lips is always YES, and all her being says YES YES YES to all that is happening and all that is offered her." - Anais Nin
    I love my life.

Banned Array
    Type
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ugh.

I really like my INFP male friends, and they are sweet as can be and just so sensitive in good ways...

.. but yeah, at the same time, I end up feeling like cold in comparison to them, and they can express emotional attachments verbally just off the cuff to me while I just can't utter the words because I'm intellectualizing and then feel bad because I can't respond in kind, I'm just not that way; and they also are SO sensitive and protective of peoples feelings that they are either always apologizing for something that needs no apology for, or they're unwilling to enjoy me directly and bluntly over issues that I'd love to discuss but that they consider delicate, etc.

It's hard, they don't often put all their cards on the table and talk plainly because they tend to always protect the other person's feelings, which can be good but for me is not what I'm looking for, I can take care of myself and meanwhile need to approach things head-on.

Yeah, jaded INFPs can be wicked. Once you cross their values, you are SOOO toast. I just listened to a rant last night from one, it just blows my mind how they can be so sweet one second and the next moment cutting something loathsome (to them) off at the knees. I just know better than to jade them.

anyway, I don't meant to make this sound like a dissing section, I have a few really close male INFP friends who I can know I can trust with my heart. But my biggest bone is that they're so worried about not hurting you, they don't get in there and just tussle with you over things. In a LTR, I want someone who I know I can be as blunt and direct about things as I want, without them trying to dodge out of the way, or duck under things, or not plunge in with me.

Well, I am INFP and you can be as blunt and direct with me as you wish. Others here have and they have my full permission to (not that I could change that one way or the other if I wanted to as each will see with their own eyes) - That doesn't mean I will want to plunge into anything though. I mean I have my own heart, my own mind, my own way of seeing things, and it doesn't always mean it coincides with the things seen by others eyes.

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ugh.
    I dated an INFP guy for almost two years and I couldn't agree more. We both saw each other as a bit two-faced and dishonest, and that was mostly what caused our relationship to end, but otherwise, I'd say it's a pretty good match.
    I drink a lot of coffee before I go to sleep so I can dream faster. Dream after dream after dream after dream.