Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Boyfriend -INTP? or not..

Type
    INTP

Good to see some things never change.

Wait a second, it's bad to see.
    "Rascals are always sociable - more's the pity! and the chief sign that a man has any nobility in his character is the little pleasure he takes in others' company." -Schopenhauer

Senior Member Array Notsweetynice's Avatar
    Type
    INXP

There are some jaded members posting on this thread.

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
    INFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by manza View Post
    INFJs are terrifying creatures.
    Yes, these...Sounds completely like an intuitive judger....run, it will end badly. (maybe) I don't really care.
    (T) 95% (N) 86% (P) 86% (I) 79%

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.-Denis Diderot

Junior Member Array
    Type

Default Hmm...can this change things?

I got to know him better and Ive seen that he values logic and while he considers himself having emotions (and making decisions based on both emotion and logic equally), his positive emotions are much more stronger than negative ones (sad, angry, afraid) and the negative ones are much more fleeting. He is also very thickskinned, loves attention, loves helping in the form of advice and practical work and needs to think into things and for information that he gets to be accurate. He is not too self introspective and can swing from being macho and agrumentative, judgemental and defensive to being super sweet, concerned and a good listener. He has a hard time expressing negative emotions, but will complain a lot, especially when people act stupid or dont do what they should be doing, and he has a hard time opening up and sharing about himself straighfowardly.He thinks he knows himself better than he does.
    He says hes very outgoing, likes to make people feel comfy and secure and loves to banter with people. He also considers himself strightfoward and direct and will say what needs to be said. Sometimes he doesnt realize when hes hurting others feelings or getting them angry, though he tries to avoid that. (Since he doesnt want then to do it to him.)
    He comes off to complete strangers as "teddy bear like"-warm, sweet -and self confident.
    He loves a good debate. And wont back down so fast. He thinks his ideas are right, and everyone should have opinions.
    Although, to the people hes close to, he will be very tactful, caring, uncriticizing, and helpful. To those he doesnt respect, he can run them over like a bulldozer.

Type
    INTP

He is probably either

a) well rounded and a great catch and you should marry him

OR

b) he is hiding his true self from you and is a manipulative psychopath with three other girlfriends

It sounds like you understand his personality fairly well. He took the test and got a result so you know his type. What exactly are you hoping to hear from strangers on the internet?
    i'm not there like a ghost ship in a storm

Junior Member Array
    Type

I dont remember him taking a test. The questionaire we went through was very fast and didnt go as into the real T vs F, since I can see Ts with a developed F side, answering those type of qs from an F standpoint.
    He doesnt have a type as of now, and refuses to be "analyzed" so I am curious what people who know the MBTI would think.
    The possible types are INTP, ENTP, INFJ and possibly INFP/ISTP.

Type
    INTP

So the test gave him an F and you feel he's got some T in him. 'Round here, we'd denote that F/T. Or possibly T/F. Or maybe f or t. What difference does it make?

Thinking that everyone should have opinions and that those opinions should be his opinions is a J thing.

loves attention, loves helping ... He is not too self introspective and can swing from being macho and agrumentative, judgemental and defensive to being super sweet, concerned and a good listener ... He says hes very outgoing, likes to make people feel comfy and secure and loves to banter with people.
    Sounds like an E and an F to me. The "self" is redundant btw.

If he's neat and tidy, detail oriented, values grooming, and can find things easily he's probably an S.

Anything else?

Junior Member Array
    Type

Im just curious, since Im not such an astract thinker. Id like a Thinkers perpective, since they are more accurate than I am.

Ive read about the ESFJ and ENTP and he sounds more ENTP ish. An Entp, especially to those close to them, and if they have a developed a strong feeling side can have those traits, and may even pick more feeling traits if they are around someone they have strong feelings for, no?
    Attention to detail and technical stuff can be applied for an ENTP, am I wrong?
    He definitely has a "sharp" aspect to him, unless hes in a mushy mood.
    He mentioned he doesnt help necessarily everyone, mostly those close to him.
    He also loves arguing for its own sake. And hes more prone to make desicions based on thought processes, though his emotions do have a say.
    And he likes that hes complex and abstract.

Type
    INTP

A thinker thinks: "Jesus christ! You've been told a number of times he sounds like an ESFJ. Why are you so caught up on strangers on the internet, who don't know or care about you or your boyfriend, to tell you he's a ExTP?

You want him to be an ENTP? Fine, he's an ENTP. You actually know him, I don't.

All right, take a breath... this feeler obviously has trouble processing information. Let's try to break this down for her. Again."

A thinker then says:

Impatience for and skimming over details is one of the hallmarks of N-ness. He sounds like an S.

Nobody helps everyone. The fact that he helps people close to him makes him a decent friend. Nothing to do with MBTI.

Opinionated people love to argue. Perpetually gathering more information in lieu of forming opinions is one of the hallmarks of P-ness. He sounds like a J.

Making decisions based on thinking with input from emotions is what most people do.

I hope this satisfies you.

every day I'm snufflin' Array Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ

Did shit just get real?
    I may not agree with anything I have said.