View Poll Results: How much toilet paper do you use (per poop, on average?)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't know how to wipe my own ass

3 5.56%
  • 1-3 sheets (just to make sure nothing is stuck)

1 1.85%
  • 4-10 sheets (rarely need to wipe more than once or twice)

19 35.19%
  • 10-30 sheets (I like to make sure it is really quite clean)

24 44.44%
  • 30-100 sheets (It actually takes quite a bit of effort)

5 9.26%
  • 100+ sheets (I usually spend at least 5 minutes just cleaning up after myself)

0 0%
  • 100+ sheets (I'm obsessive-compulsive)

2 3.70%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much toilet paper do you use?

Type
    INFJ

Default How much toilet paper do you use?

I know this seems like a thread destined for purgatory but hear me out; this is a real health-related issue and I think the results might be surprising. One of the things I used to get yelled at for was using so much toilet paper that it clogged the toilet (regardless of whether I unclogged it myself or not.) This was in conflict with what I had been taught before, which was to 'wipe until it's clean no matter what'. For a while, I was flushing twice: once after pooping and another time for all the TP.

When I started eating gluten-free and, apparently, digesting food better, that kind of stopped happening and I even get poops sometimes where the TP comes up clean on the first wipe (no, I'm not missing the hole.)

I think in really bad cases I might have been using upwards of 100-150 sheets per poop. It's hard to keep track past a certain point because all you can focus on is HOLY CRAP JUST WIPE OFF ALREADY. Nowadays I only need maybe 15-30 sheets on a good one, 50-60 if it's a little mushy.

Some of this might have to do with technique, so I open the floor to discussion; a good wad for wiping the whole thing, for me, contains probably 10-15 sheets, whereas a little multi-layer finger-cover to catch those last little bits can be made with 4-6.

The thickness of your tissue may matter as well; my family tends to go for the cheapest brand that has the metrics they're after, regardless of other factors, so I am usually using a 2-ply or 3-ply type which is textured but not 'quilted' I guess.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

every day I'm snufflin' Array Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ

I try to avoid foods that cause mudbutt, such as pork, caramel, chocolate and too much corn syrup.

I find that a triple folded length x3 then a baby wipe, or moistened triple fold, then one final dry scrubbing wipe usually does the trick. Thanks for asking.
    I may not agree with anything I have said.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

A Little Knowledge Array Rincon's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

I have considered posting a "little rave" called The Immaculate Defecation. You know, where you go to wipe and... the tissue is totally clean!!? It's like a zen moment, especially when other times it's like scooping up bean dip.*

(*) this post brought to you by Limey, sandwich, and the letters H and C.

every day I'm snufflin' Array Limey's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ

I remember doing the petri dish experiment with toilet tissue and biology class. The triple fold of single ply still got some cooties go through, but triple folded double ply should be fine, then it's just a case of holding it properly vs. how much you need. I like to wrap it around my index finger and poke that up my ass, just to be really sure. Knock on wood, I've never had skids.
    I may not agree with anything I have said.

Type
    iNtp

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post

Ohh, that explains all the brown stuff all the apples I buy keep secreting...

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    [img]everyone poops[/img]
    I had this book as a child! I was also toilet trained very early according to my mother.
    -

Senior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

I don't use toilet paper. What I prefer are Japanese toilets that shoot warm jets of water up your ass and sing to you.

But since I don't have one of those awesome toilets at the moment I usually do a shit in the morning, then take a shower. Sometimes if I need to go during the day, I just take another shower.

It's just logical. If someone comes up to you and wipes shit on your face, what are you going to do? Grab a piece of paper, wipe it off and say, "All clean!"

Fuck no. You're going to get under the shower and scrub that shit off with soap and water.

The whole concept of toilet paper is disgusting.

Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    I don't use toilet paper. What I prefer are Japanese toilets that shoot warm jets of water up your ass and sing to you.

But since I don't have one of those awesome toilets at the moment I usually do a shit in the morning, then take a shower. Sometimes if I need to go during the day, I just take another shower.

It's just logical. If someone comes up to you and wipes shit on your face, what are you going to do? Grab a piece of paper, wipe it off and say, "All clean!"

Fuck no. You're going to get under the shower and scrub that shit off with soap and water.

The whole concept of toilet paper is disgusting.

This sums it up nicely. I havent used a single piece of toilet paper in years. The whole concept is disgusting. Its like trying to take Peanut Butter off of a piece of Ham with a paper towel. Its just not the way to do it.