Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitler was an INTP

Type
    INTP

Default Hitler was an INTP

I was very curious about Adolf Hitler's personality type, but when I googled it I found guesses of probably all of the 16 types. This was the first sign I thought he may be an INTP since INTPs in general have the ability to blend into any type and confuse everyone (chameleon). So I did my own research on his personal life using this source

[the website is called history place and google worldwar2, rise of hitler. this is my first post so apparently I can't insert any links until I have at least 15]

and confirmed that he was a very misguided and troubled INTP. He had many talents as a child, but the impact of his life experiences drove his talents toward great destruction.

..what I should also note is that Albert Einstein was also an INTP, but obviously had a much healthier life experience because he accomplished positive things for society (and himself) and was very self-actualized before he passed away.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Introverted feeler, extraverted thinker.

The People's Champion Array Polemarch's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP

You haven't made any kind of case that he was INTP. Why should anyone invest their time and research to refute?

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Introverted intuition, extraverted sensing.

Type
    INTP

Edit:
    Took this out because I didn't have time to organize it clearly enough for it to be easy to comprehend for many people apparently.

Hitler was definitely an INTP. I showed my analysis to a certified MBTI expert and my conclusion was verified to be correct.

But if anyone still as any doubt..
    First of all, at least a basic understanding of MBTI theory is needed to form an educated conclusion, which I will not give a lesson on. Second, since politicians need to appear as ENFJ's in order to convince people to get them elected, drawing conclusions of his "type" after he became a great leader is inconclusive and a waste of time. Thirdly, a comprehensive understanding of the INTP temperament is also necessary.

I decided that posting my entire analysis would be a waste of time and has no benefit for me if I'm not getting paid for it. So....

IF you are interested, check out the history place rise of Hitler page and read through all the sections from the beginning. Understand MBTI theory, and read the INTP profile by Paul James, reflect on your own life experiences (if you are an INTP), THEN draw your own conclusions.

IF you are not interested, don't bother with this thread and make better use of your time and mine.

My intention wasn't to argue a point and start a debate. It was to give others insight on a topic I found to be interesting.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

I hope the rest of your analysis is better than that.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    That bit wasn't bad, it's just not complete. I would guess that part is no more than 1% of the entire analysis I did.
    We don't want to see the whole thing if that is 1%. Be far more concise.

Top down, not bottom up!

Type
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Telemakus View Post
    Introverted feeler, extraverted thinker.
    Bingo.

He was an ENTJ.

There was already a topic about this and I wrote a huge post. If you want, I can find it.

Type
    INTP

Have you considered the fact that the world must hold, at any one time, many hundreds of thousands of dreamy people with dictatorial and authoritarian parents who die young, and they don't all turn out in adulthood to be short-fused egocentric and megalomaniac dictators who oversee the deaths of millions?

Have you considered the possibility that Hitler might have had a dangerous personality disorder, in which case the Myers Briggs typology, built as it is on the personality theories of Carl Jung and their description of normal human psychic development over time, and which attempts to describe normal and healthy psyches, would not apply to Hitler?

In other words trying to type Hitler might be an interesting intellectual diversion, but it's unlikely to offer anything more than an exercise in fantasy and you can interpret the evidence to say anything you like.

And inter alia there's no evidence Hitler was actually talented. It's generally accepted within the art world that his art, such as it can be described, and further his approach to art in general, was juvenile, grandiose and lacking in any emotional depth. Much like the man, apparently. In that sense his art is interesting from an art therapy perspective but not as 'art' in itself. I don't know of any other 'talents' that he had.

Type
    ENTJ

How about conquering half of the world? You gotta have some talent for that.