Thread: Am I 5w6 or 6w5?

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Default Am I 5w6 or 6w5?

I have got this problem. I am not sure, if I am 5w6 or 6w5. Test results said both. I asked on many forums (and don't want to ask twice on same forum), and they said, that I am 6w5. However, I am not sure.

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.

Type
    intp

your inability to discern your type makes you a six
    ----------------------------------
    MOTIV type - s|O|xxV
    S(44%)O(82%)E(49%)I(51%)V(70%)

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    your inability to discern your type makes you a six
    Well, I don't really know what am I, because all results are different. I mean - I almost always score as XwY 9w1 2w1 (X or Y is 5, 6 is the other one), but... but I am not really sure. I have attributes of both.
    For example: When I was in depression, I wanted to be alone (5-ish detaching from the world). I have also the lowest condition from 3rd class in a row (that is because of 4-5-9 triad, scientificaly proven), and I don't solve problems with anger (also scientificaly proven, 4-6-8 triad). Even if I explode with anger, it is rather 9-ish property (because the hatred is stacking up in me, and when it is "full", I will just make BOOM and am totally other person, I will maybe write another thread about this). I am never angry on somebody (at least on surface, see row up here), I am more of calm person. "And what if you're 9?" Yeah, that have somebody from other forum asked me already. I am always thinking, and having a little sleeping problems with it. If I would really be 5, I would be level 3 (because I can master really anything, if it is interesting enough).

Well, those are almost all arguments I have on being 5w6. I have almost none arguments on being 6w5, because... well, I really don't want to be that type, and honestly want to proove, that I am more 5 type. I know, I know, 6's are most misunderstood type, because their thinking is always based on fear.

EDIT: And according to this site, I would be more 5. http:/ /pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/04/enneagram-misidentifications-type-5.html

Calmer than you are, dude Array ApeTheDog's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Advice: Don't take it seriously. It will save you the trouble of having to unlearn a stupid way of thinking.
    Enneagram and MBTI are no more scientific than tarot and astrology.
    No animals were harmed during the writing of this post.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

I have this problem like you with also being unable to figure out myself if I'm a 5w6 or 6w5. There are a few minor differences between the two and after much thinking, realized I leaned more towards a type 6 than a type 5. But the realization could be false and I don't really care what enneagram type I am at this point anymore. The differences between a 5w6 and a 6w5 are so minute.

Type
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by opaque features View Post
    I have this problem like you with also being unable to figure out myself if I'm a 5w6 or 6w5. There are a few minor differences between the two and after much thinking, realized I leaned more towards a type 6 than a type 5. But the realization could be false and I don't really care what enneagram type I am at this point anymore. The differences between a 5w6 and a 6w5 are so minute.
    This is from the enneagram institute’s misidentifications. I think that 6w5 will have a proponent of Si-Te or Ni-Te to it where 5w6 will be more Ti.
    Fives and Sixes are both Thinking types and, when educated, can both be quite intellectual. It is far more common for Sixes to mistype as Fives, but for some easily understood reasons. Of the two types, Sixes tend to be more linear and analytical in their thinking because they are interested in troubleshooting, in prediction, and in establishing methods that can be repeated. Thus, contrary to popular belief, the world of academia and higher education is more the realm of Sixes than of Fives. Academia teaches students to work with advisors and mentors, to cite sources and back up arguments with quotes from authorities, to follow proper procedures in papers and theses, and so forth–all type Six values.

Fives are much more non-linear in their thinking. They are interested in finding out where established theories break down and in developing iconoclastic ideas that shake up structures and established methods. Fives are, generally speaking, bolder than Sixes in their positions and creativity, but also far less practical. Fives feel that they can only trust their own minds to come to conclusions–they believe that everyone else is likely to be less well-informed. Sixes get frantic trying to find something to trust precisely because they do not trust their own minds to come to meaningful conclusions. The difference between them can be seen in the difference between Umberto Eco ( a Five) and Tom Clancy (a Six), or Peter Gabriel (a Five) and Bruce Springsteen (a Six).
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.-Winston Churchill

Junior Member Array NiSe_2_C_u_NTs's Avatar
    Type
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by darude11 View Post
    I have got this problem. I am not sure, if I am 5w6 or 6w5. Test results said both. I asked on many forums (and don't want to ask twice on same forum), and they said, that I am 6w5. However, I am not sure.

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.
    Tell me about your personal anxieties, in as much detail as possible. Both 5s and 6s have them, but they differ.