Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Giddy Up

  1. #1
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Type
    INTP
    Posts
    5

    Default Giddy Up

    I stumbled across this gem a week ago after breaking up with and ENTJ. I was oblivious to the MBTI thing until about 20 years ago when I was doing military intelligence. It was a small office and they gave us each a questionnaire to fill out. A couple weeks later they told us we were going to take a course. It was a mix of civilians and military types. Maybe 8 or so. Anyway, it opened a whole new world.

    I work in IT for my day job. In my spare time, I have more hobbies than I can count. Leather work, training and riding horses, guitar, gardening, wood working, and anything outdoors.

    I recently ended a relationship with an ENTJ. I've dated just about every type you can imagine. That was more interesting from the perspective of seeing how an executive functions in private. I did learn executives don't do a whole lot beyond asking those they deem experts in a given area what they should do. She even had what I considered a relationship board of directors she would consult with about us. Since I wasn't one of the experts, when I told her we were headed for disaster and why, it wasn't relevant. I wonder if she fired the board?

    I do have a couple questions for the audience.
    1. Does the fact I don't get angry/upset/have a temper align with most? I find I can quickly turn off the feelings and go straight to rational thought, particularly if a relationship fails. None of that drawn out mourning process. I just accept it's over, and if I sit around feeling sorry for myself, the perfect person might walk by without me noticing.
    2. Feeling - Good or bad? I have emotions and feelings, but process them more in terms of realizing what's driving them, give acknowledgement to them, and pressing on.
    3. Too laid back? - Is it typical for INTPs to be laid back and relatively easy going, particularly when it comes to opions of things like home furnishings?

  2. #2
    Happy Now? Array Spartan26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Type
    INTP
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
    I recently ended a relationship with an ENTJ.
    It's all worth it if you got out first. Remind her of that if you're ever having a slow day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
    I wonder if she fired the board?
    Already in the running for Post of the Year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
    1. Does the fact I don't get angry/upset/have a temper align with most? I find I can quickly turn off the feelings and go straight to rational thought, particularly if a relationship fails. None of that drawn out mourning process. I just accept it's over, and if I sit around feeling sorry for myself, the perfect person might walk by without me noticing.
    No temper here. The times I find myself getting upset are when I'm surprised by some action. I hate conflict so I tend to anticipate countless scenarios before engaging and then when situations come up, I'm prepared to respond accordingly. Sometimes my planning is to make sure I don't say anything too harsh or damaging. I don't like conflict but it doesn't mean I won't cut somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
    2. Feeling - Good or bad? I have emotions and feelings, but process them more in terms of realizing what's driving them, give acknowledgement to them, and pressing on.
    Always even keel. If something sways me I will over analyse why. I can be very contemplative about this. It makes some think I'm very sensitive or in touch w/my feelings, and then get vapid motivational stories forwarded to my e-mail until I start "respond all" and make fun of them. Anyway, I'm always going to deconstruct an emotion the moment I feel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
    3. Too laid back? - Is it typical for INTPs to be laid back and relatively easy going, particularly when it comes to opions of things like home furnishings?
    Yes. And being content about just about everything can make some people upset like you don't care about them. Such a pain.

    Three questions for you!
    How long have you been at your current job? What industry? (OK, four)

    When you were a kid, who was your idol?

    What's your favorite breakfast cereal?

    Welcome!

  3. #3
    Banned Array MacGuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Type
    INTP
    Posts
    27,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidder View Post
    I recently ended a relationship with an ENTJ. I've dated just about every type you can imagine. That was more interesting from the perspective of seeing how an executive functions in private. I did learn executives don't do a whole lot beyond asking those they deem experts in a given area what they should do. She even had what I considered a relationship board of directors she would consult with about us. Since I wasn't one of the experts, when I told her we were headed for disaster and why, it wasn't relevant. I wonder if she fired the board?
    I snorted in laughter at work. Welcome!

  4. #4
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Type
    ENTJ
    Posts
    26

    Default

    If I can ask - why'd it fail?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •