Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think about gay people?

Type
    INFP

Default What do you think about gay people?

I've done some rigorous studying and my studies may be controversial. I rather have your input on the matter. Example:
    One hypothesis is that some gay people become gay because while being young they are messed around with by older guys, or just experience other boys at youth. This creates a reason for them to not be into females. This can be on females or males, but my study is most specifically on gay men. So, as I said before, what's your opinions?

Regurgitated Poster Array Stigmata's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

I think it's nothing more than a difference in innate physical attraction, as I've heard so many testimonials from persecuted homosexuals saying how they wish they could be straight, but to do so would consist of them living a lie.

tin shitstamp Battle of Helms Deep Champion Array fripping's Avatar
    Type
    XxxX

i have yet to meet a mellow, laid-back gay dude.
    But I'm crying then I bang my head into the wall and then I see red and my forehead is now flat because I hit my head so hard. Then my friend Afams mom comes in and consoles me and I'm crying and my heads messed up then I tell her a quote of einsteins at that time my swag and flow was actually pretty high though.

Type
    INTP

I think that they probably like people of their own gender.

Senior Member Tetris Champion, SAM Site Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion Array !diom's Avatar
    Type
    IXXP

First, I think about Loras Tyrell and Renly Baratheon. Then I think about how funny the scene with Renly and his wife was in season 2 episode 3 of Game of Thrones.

Type
    INTP

So, as I said before, what's your opinions?
    My opinion is that there's good odds your study isn't very rigorous...

/Do you have a similar hypothesis regarding straight people?
    Moved over to forums.intpcomplex.com. Join us. Its bliss.

Equivalent Array
    Type
    INTP

If you want scientific explanations or, at least, what data currently exist, do your research on PubMed. Current thought tends to favor biologic mechanisms, but they do not appear to be a simple, genetic etiology. One hypothesis with some supporting data, at least with regard to gay males, is that hormone levels in the uterine environment of the developing gay male fetus are different than those of the uterine environment for developing heterosexual male fetus. There is a greater incidence of gay males among second brothers and this seems consistent with the idea that an older mother isn't able to supply high enough levels of androgens necessary for heterosexual development. Being gay is just a different kind of normal.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dburke0027 View Post
    I've done some rigorous studying and my studies may be controversial. I rather have your input on the matter. Example:
    One hypothesis is that some gay people become gay because while being young they are messed around with by older guys, or just experience other boys at youth. This creates a reason for them to not be into females. This can be on females or males, but my study is most specifically on gay men. So, as I said before, what's your opinions?
    If you want to know for personal reasons why some people are gay then I don't know how helpful this thread will be. With that kind of start you are probably not going to get very serious answers. If you title a post "gay people" and then talk about men why didn't you just say "gay men" in the title? "Gay people" does not by default mean "men".

I don't know what you've been reading but I don't think most gay people are gay because of some trauma. Being gay does not mean there has to be something inherently wrong. People are people and some are attracted to other people and some are not. What's the problem as long as things stay consensual and adults don't mess with kids?

It's good to know which way you lean and whether the object of your interest might lean your way but other than that, it's everyone's personal business.

INTP ladypet Array attila_the_hunny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

I think gay people are born gay. Otherwise, I don't really think much about why people are gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    I now know what it feels like to get a handjob from the Hulk.

Type
    INTP

Without gay people there would be no show tunes