Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humor Styles Questionnaire

Type
    INTP

Your score affiliative humor is 4/5. This expression is a highly positive non-hostile type of humor that is used to reduce social tensions and smooth relationships, spontaneous jokes and witty banter among friends is typical of this style of humor.

Your score for self-enhancing humor is 3.6/5. This type of humor generally serves as a coping mechanism for stress. It is related to taking things lightly and a generally humorous outlook on life.

Your score for aggressive humor is 3/5. This type of humor is used to establish dominance or relive frustration in social situations. Typical expressions include sarcasm, teasing or ridicule.

Your score for self-defeating humor was 3.1/5. This style is expressed by being very self-depricating and accepting or encouraging jokes at ones expense. A little of this style is usually good and individuals who express this style strongly can be quite socially successful (e.g. 'class clown'), however, it is frequently underlied by emotional neediness, insecurity and avoidance.

-------

Meh.

Member National Treasure Pinball Champion, Simon Champion, Flatout Minigame Champion Array untitled's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Was it just me or was that somewhat difficult to complete?

Your score affiliative humor is 3.8/5.
    Your score for self-enhancing humor is 3.8/5.
    Your score for aggressive humor is 2.5/5.
    Your score for self-defeating humor was 2.4/5.

Junior Member Array
    Type
    INTJ

affiliative humor 1.4/5
    self-enhancing humor 2.4/5
    aggressive humor 2.6/5
    self-defeating humor 1.6/5

Type
    INTP

That questionnaire was worded horribly.

Вanned Psychopath Array Hephaestus's Avatar
    Type
    Jefe

Yeah, it was obvious they were starting with a list of wholly affirmative assertions where maxing out the score would be a simple matter of hitting 5 over and over, so they tried to mix it up a bit--and did so poorly.
    We are free to think as we wish--so long as we don't think what we aren't wished to think....
    You motherfucker, if you're gonna put it in your sig, you better attribute it to me--Polemarch

Member Array
    Caught beneath a landslide, Sheffield, UK
    Type
    INTP

Affiliative: 3.8
    Self-enhancing: 3.5
    Aggressive: 3.1
    Self-defeating: 4.1

Total: 14.5

Dodgy wording of questions, but most personality tests seem to do that.
    (0x2BE | ~0x2BE) == -1 . Oh, it's just me then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aitken
    I come to the conclusion that the efficiency of the decimal system might be rated at about 65 or less, if we assign 100 to the duodecimal.
    BTW, that's a joke, too.

Type
    INTP

Your score affiliative humor is 2.6/5. This expression is a highly positive non-hostile type of humor that is used to reduce social tensions and smooth relationships, spontaneous jokes and witty banter among friends is typical of this style of humor.

Your score for self-enhancing humor is 2.5/5. This type of humor generally serves as a coping mechanism for stress. It is related to taking things lightly and a generally humorous outlook on life.

Your score for aggressive humor is 2.3/5. This type of humor is used to establish dominance or relive frustration in social situations. Typical expressions include sarcasm, teasing or ridicule.

Your score for self-defeating humor was 2.6/5. This style is expressed by being very self-depricating and accepting or encouraging jokes at ones expense. A little of this style is usually good and individuals who express this style strongly can be quite socially successful (e.g. 'class clown'), however, it is frequently underlied by emotional neediness, insecurity and avoidance.

= 10

Never considered that I'd be humorless, but it's not surprising given that I'm a bit socially and emotionally retarded.

tin shitstamp Battle of Helms Deep Champion Array fripping's Avatar
    Type
    XxxX

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post

Since can use this as a new discriminator for posters, I hereby propose that anyone with a score above 15 be labeled an ass, and treated as such.
    Your score affiliative humor is 4.6/5

Your score for self-enhancing humor is 4.6/5

Your score for aggressive humor is 3.3/5

Your score for self-defeating humor was 4/5.

[YOUTUBE="FLVg5wIUQhQ"]well,[/YOUTUBE]
    But I'm crying then I bang my head into the wall and then I see red and my forehead is now flat because I hit my head so hard. Then my friend Afams mom comes in and consoles me and I'm crying and my heads messed up then I tell her a quote of einsteins at that time my swag and flow was actually pretty high though.

Don't eat yellow snow! Array Park's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Your score affiliative humor is 4.6/5. This expression is a highly positive non-hostile type of humor that is used to reduce social tensions and smooth relationships, spontaneous jokes and witty banter among friends is typical of this style of humor.

Your score for self-enhancing humor is 4.3/5. This type of humor generally serves as a coping mechanism for stress. It is related to taking things lightly and a generally humorous outlook on life.

Your score for aggressive humor is 2.9/5. This type of humor is used to establish dominance or relive frustration in social situations. Typical expressions include sarcasm, teasing or ridicule.

Your score for self-defeating humor was 2.9/5. This style is expressed by being very self-depricating and accepting or encouraging jokes at ones expense. A little of this style is usually good and individuals who express this style strongly can be quite socially successful (e.g. 'class clown'), however, it is frequently underlied by emotional neediness, insecurity and avoidance.

Type
    INFP

Your score affiliative humor is 3.5/5. This expression is a highly positive non-hostile type of humor that is used to reduce social tensions and smooth relationships, spontaneous jokes and witty banter among friends is typical of this style of humor.

Your score for self-enhancing humor is 4.5/5. This type of humor generally serves as a coping mechanism for stress. It is related to taking things lightly and a generally humorous outlook on life.

Your score for aggressive humor is 3.3/5. This type of humor is used to establish dominance or relive frustration in social situations. Typical expressions include sarcasm, teasing or ridicule.

Your score for self-defeating humor was 4/5. This style is expressed by being very self-depricating and accepting or encouraging jokes at ones expense. A little of this style is usually good and individuals who express this style strongly can be quite socially successful (e.g. 'class clown'), however, it is frequently underlied by emotional neediness, insecurity and avoidance.
    “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”