Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: You are in a Forest.

INTP Convert 2/2011 Array eyebyte_atWork's Avatar
    Type
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal
    Okay, this is a psychology game. You might have played this already.

If you want to participate, try not to read the answers posted by other people. They might influence you, so it's best to read them AFTER you're done. Btw, try not to think too much and just tell me the first thing that pops into your head, okay?

1) You're in a forest. You're walking through it. You come across a cave. What is it like? Details, please.
    Cold, Damp, moist.

2) You keep walking. You run across an animal. What animal is it? What does it do? Does it notice you? How do you react?
    A Squirell - with an evil look in its eye

3) You keep walking. You run across a bear. Describe the bear and the bear's behaviour. What do you do?
    THe bear is alarmed and concern of my presense.... I am concerned of his.

4) You keep walking. You run across a river. Describe the river. Wide, narrow, calm waters, rough waters, etc. Do you do anything?

Shallow river where you can see the fish - I choose not to get wet.

5) You keep walking. You see a wall. What is it like? Material, height, etc. Is it possible to climb it? If so, do you climb it?
    Masonry wall (bricks) and it is by a highway - I am back in civilization at last.

6) What is on the other side of the wall? (If you cannot see, tell me what you imagine).
    A highway - I can hear it.

I will interpret your Forest fantasies.
    ok - Tell me Madrigelt.... I need to know.

Type
    INTP

wet, cold forest, cave is partially hidden, rather small

boar, looking for food, looks up, then ignores me

brown bear, on back feet, scratching tree, hears me, doesn't see me

clear, cold, shallow water stream, no visible fish, partially covered by leaves

new england/ irish stone wall, made up of big rocks, low

more forest, wall seems out of place
    MB ".. and then there were none"

INTP (51/71/70/67) 7sx

Type
    INTP

At first glance the cave doesn't appear very deep, just a very wide and tall concave scooping out of a hillside. But I notice a small pit in the back that I go into. Before I can prepare for it , the horizontal becomes vertical and I go falling into the pit.

I land on something that is warm and furry, and I assume that it's living, but I don't see its head or legs in the darkness. It must be huge, though. The fur feels like the soft short-haired fur of a Siamese cat, but I doubt that it is a cat. My impact has disturbed it and it gives itself a shake like a horse might do with flies, and I fall onto the floor of the cave. I run away in case I've angered such a huge creature.

Now I am lost in the cave. Up ahead there appears to be a fork. I am guessing that I will go to the left, but I see a small bear in there. Although it;s not the least bit threatening, I wonder of its mother may return and so I choose the path to the right. The bear is naturally curious, and so perversely follows me. I keep hurrying ahead to lose it, but it trots along, easily keeping up with me.

I eventually come to an undeground river, which is a thought provoking development. If I jumped in would it take me to the outer world? The river is about 15 feet wide, it seems. Placid surface. There is some unseen source for the dim light in the cave. Suddenly the bear begins talking, causing me to jump!

"Avoid swimming in the river for now" it says. "Pick me up in your arms. I will guide you better feeling the same thing some one of your kind would, called . . how do you say it? . . .Ah yes! Feeling the same 'vibrations" as a 'psychic' would! Now, lean down and pick me up. I am a Dromellan bear. Do not be afraid."

I hesitated and the bear looked at me calmly. I finally leaned over and picked it up and cradled it. It licked my face a couple times, perhaps unable to resist its animal nature completely, even though a higher being in many ways.

"Walk down to the right" said the bear. I did so. The path continued for quite some time, water dripping off the stalagtites the only companion. I saw no other animals, although once I heard a big splash in the river.

We eventually came to a wall. It was on our side of the river, and seemed to be blocking access to a newly evident large recess in the cave side itself. I could see a dwelling back there, like an adobe structure, or "cliff dwelling" of the sort Indians had once used in the American Southwest.

There was a door in the wall a ways down. I turned to look at the bear to see what its instructions were. It licked my nose.

Ornery Hathor of Krikkit Array booyalab's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

1) You're in a forest. You're walking through it. You come across a cave. What is it like? Details, please.
    It's built out of a rock formation sticking out of the ground and it's about 10 feet high at the opening and a few feet higher in the middle. The rock formation itself isn't as large as the cave, as the cave descends underground. I can't see any stalagtites or stalagmites from the outside, only a little ground then darkness.

2) You keep walking. You run across an animal. What animal is it? What does it do? Does it notice you? How do you react?
    It's a small bear. It regards me. I regard it. It keeps running along.

3) You keep walking. You run across a bear. Describe the bear and the bear's behaviour. What do you do?
    oh another bear? fine. It's a grizzly bear and it's up on it's hind legs making a lot of noise and trying to be scary. I just stare at it for a little while.

4) You keep walking. You run across a river. Describe the river. Wide, narrow, calm waters, rough waters, etc. Do you do anything?
    medium in width. The waters are a tad on the rough side. I take off my shoes, sit on the bank, and put my feet in.

5) You keep walking. You see a wall. What is it like? Material, height, etc. Is it possible to climb it? If so, do you climb it?
    It's about the same height as the cave. It's made of brick and it's in good shape. I couldn't climb it unless I had something to stand on.

6) What is on the other side of the wall? (If you cannot see, tell me what you imagine).
    a military base
    "So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change." Renton, Trainspotting

I conduct vanity searches Array Rajah's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP

I'm fascinated by kuranes' post, not only b/c of content but b/c of the transition from present to past tense. Hmmm.

INTP ladypet Array attila_the_hunny's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Alright, I'll play.

The cave is big and a little lighted. It looks like there is a hole somewhere in the mountain where light comes through. It's not dark or scary.

I see a little mouse, looking for food. I also see a hawk. The hawk swoops down and carries the little mousey to feed its family.

It's a little little black bear cub. I'd like to you know, watch it play and shit, but I know that momma bear is around, so I decide to go elsewhere.

It's a little stream with some stones in the middle of it. I jump from stone to stone to get to the other side. It's pretty and clear, no wildlife or anything. I can see smaller stones at the bottom.

It's one of those rock climbing things. It's not very tall. There are little knobs for me to grasp. I don't see a harness, but I feel like climbing it anyway.

I can see...a pretty valley with a waterfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    I now know what it feels like to get a handjob from the Hulk.

..,dats wabbit talk UFO Shoot Out Champion, KickUps Champion Array tinribz's Avatar
    Type
    ISTP

Small opening but larger room size inside, dry sandy earth, quite comfortable inside, apart from empty beer cans and remannts of a fire. A few different passages going backwards leading deeper in to the mountainside which are darker colder and wetter but with wider openings / rooms now and again, maybe new passages.

Wolf, looks at me startled, inquisative and nervously. I freeze not though fea but because I am facinated, admire it and want to watch it longer. It then goes about itís business (hunting) quite quickly and avoiding me.

Very big brown, strong but relaxed until it notices me, I donít hang around to find out what happens next, I act pretty much like the wolf. The bear contemplates a display of force but as I disappear it carries on what it was doing, foraging for food.

Not that wide, 30 metres but rushing water and rapids, crossable but with extreme caution. I consider how I would cross it if I had too, maybe to escape from the bear!

Smooth red brick wall, about 100 years old, 10 feet tall with barbed wire on the top. It is possible to get over using a few logs to build a platform and being careful with the barbed wire. Have a strong desire to climb the wall, 1 because it is a challenge and 2. because I'm curious to see what is behind it.

A garden, was once very stately but is now very over grown, and appears deserted. Looks interesting and enough undergrowth to hide in if necessary. Go an have a look to see what state the main house if one exists is in and if it is deserted, if there is anything in it worth investigating too.
    Keep calm and carry on.

Type
    INTP

I only now went back and read the other people's responses. Interesting that both me and s0523 had animal "companions." Not sure why I changed the tense, Rajah. I was interrupted by a phone call partway through. Maybe that explains it. I started to go back and edit it to being all present tense, but realized that it would make your post seem weird. Left it that way.

I conduct vanity searches Array Rajah's Avatar
    Type
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes
    I only now went back and read the other people's responses. Interesting that both me and s0523 had animal "companions." Not sure why I changed the tense, Rajah. I started to go back and edit it to being all present tense, but realized that it would make your post seem weird. Left it that way.
    Eh, all my posts seem weird.

Type
    INTP

Okay, this is a psychology game. You might have played this already.

If you want to participate, try not to read the answers posted by other people. They might influence you, so it's best to read them AFTER you're done. Btw, try not to think too much and just tell me the first thing that pops into your head, okay?

1) You're in a forest. You're walking through it. You come across a B]cave[/B]. What is it like? Details, please.
    From outside the cave is partially hidden by the dense vines and shrubs around it. It's set into the side of a steep cliff and the opening is small. just about wide enough for two people to walk into side by side. Inside it's dark and slightly damp. The ground is soft so a don't hear my footsteps and as i progress futher in the sound of the forest dies out behind me and all the light disappears. The cave is like a sensory deprevation tank.

After walking back out of the cave I notice a brightly coloured bird in the trees (a Rainbow Lorikeet ) I walk towards it, it watches me with it's little eyes until I get too close for comfort and then it flies off calling raucously to it's brethern.

I stop as soon as I see the bear, I'm afraid It's a large brown bear and it turns towards me when it hears me and starts to sniff at the air, I back away slowly into the bushs and hope it's not hungry.

The river is very wide and shallow, the water runs at a medium pace and the surface is choppy because the river bed is made of uneaven smooth round stones. I look at the other side of the river and wonder what it is like over there. I take a sip of the water, it's cool and clear.

The wall is low and made out of dark rocks placed on each other, no was used but moss seems to have grown in the cracks as if nature decided to correct that mistake. The rocks fit togeather very well, I can imagine the man who made it spending hours picking out just the right rock for each place in the wall. It's low and easy to jump over

On the other side of the wall Is open grassland. the grass it short as if it were a field with cattle grazing on it but there is none in sight, this wall runs along the border of the forest and the field as if it's a line neither of them is willing to cross. the grassland is flat and extends for as far as the eye can see, as does the wall dividing the forest and the grassland.

I will interpret your Forest fantasies.
    Interpret away =)

-2ds
    Quote Originally Posted by ApeTheDog
    But why the hell would a mole want to have sex with a hummingbird?
    My love,
    My lust,
    I fly in your embrace.