Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: INTPs: What do INFPs think of you? Look and See!

Better than you Disc Dash Champion, Gandys Quest Champion Array mgb's Avatar
    Type
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I think they might be looking at it from a mainly feeling perspective. INFPs can understand what INTPs are feeling before they do, but INTPs can't understand what INFPs are feeling before they do.

Can you think of an example in which INTPs know what INFPs are thinking before they know? I'd like to understand that a bit better.
    I do with my ENFP girlfriend all the time, it drives her nuts. I can usually just look at her and know what she is thinking.

To be honest, it's pretty hard to come across an INFP (for me) in real life. I've probably met a few but the only one I've know for sure was a guidance counsellor I had a few years ago at the University. Anyways, the relationship is a little distorted because of it's nature, but there were times where she'd kind of have a thinking based epiphany and I already knew what she was going to say. But when it came to the emotional stuff, it was all her prodding me.

So it's hard for me to give specific real life INFP examples.

Type
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by distraction tactics
    I, for one, don't understand elfee's personality. What he/she wrote is clear enough to understand, of course... it's his/her reaction to it that has me going 'WTF?'

You guys are 'cute'? Check it out - you're also 'silly'.
    I get it. I mean, we kind of are. We get pretty wound up about the dumbest things but we always have a sense of humor about it. To compare us to an INTJ, we are mean but I think we are a little more sporting than some of them about things. I think we want to seem all rough and rugged and mean, but we don't have the long term tenacity to pull it off like some types do. So it ends up being kind of clumsy and even comedic.

Not that I'd have used "cute" or "silly" to describe it, but I see how it could be to some people.

Senior Member Array
    Type
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by mgbradsh
    I get it. I mean, we kind of are. We get pretty wound up about the dumbest things but we always have a sense of humor about it. To compare us to an INTJ, we are mean but I think we are a little more sporting than some of them about things. I think we want to seem all rough and rugged and mean, but we don't have the long term tenacity to pull it off like some types do. So it ends up being kind of clumsy and even comedic.

Not that I'd have used "cute" or "silly" to describe it, but I see how it could be to some people.
    Yeah, but does this board really get that wound up, or is it just because we're bored and like disturbing shit for its own sake? I mean, I posted in your thread about 'how would you run INTPC?' and even got into a little debate with cz and Claverhouse about it... but do I actually care? Was there any emotional investment into it?

I'd be surprised if half the crap we argue about on this board is stuff we actually care about. So to have an INFP patronize us on it is like a 5 year old patronizing an adult for not believing in faeries.

Type
    xxxx

Yeah, but does this board really get that wound up, or is it just because we're bored and like disturbing shit for its own sake? I mean, I posted in your thread about 'how would you run INTPC?' and even got into a little debate with cz and Claverhouse about it... but do I actually care? Was there any emotional investment into it?

I'd be surprised if half the crap we argue about on this board is stuff we actually care about. So to have an INFP patronize us on it is like a 5 year old patronizing an adult for not believing in faeries.
    But that's the whole thing that makes it funny to them, we don't care. I think some other types do really care so our little cage-rattling-pissing-contests probably seem rather comedic.

And I'd be surprised if the stuff we care about is over 7.98%.

And I don't think the INFPs are patronizing us at all (aside from visiting the forum), it's just how they feel about us. They don't mean it in a bad way, it's just an emotional observation which probably can't be correctly conveyed by language. I think they just enjoy us.

Kitchens and baths Array Biff_Loman's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

"Cute" is not a descriptor I would have expected to be applied to us.

Array
    Type
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Loman
    "Cute" is not a descriptor I would have expected to be applied to us.
    Well, it's because the INFP vocabulary is rather, how would I say, limited, which is why they end up expressing themselves mostly with words "cute", "silly", etc, and emoticons.

And "Hee!".

Type
    xxxx

Read this thread, I think it explains their motivations and curiousities (partly) a lot better:

http://infp.globalchatter.com/messag...pic.php?t=1732

In some ways it seems like their couldn't be two more different types, and in others like we are practically the same.

..,dats wabbit talk UFO Shoot Out Champion, KickUps Champion Array tinribz's Avatar
    Type
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by mgbradsh
    Read this thread, I think it explains their motivations and curiousities (partly) a lot better:

http://infp.globalchatter.com/messag...pic.php?t=1732

In some ways it seems like their couldn't be two more different types, and in others like we are practically the same.
    I tried reading that thread but after the third post it just got sooo boring and irrelevant that my brain started shutting down and I lost the ability, or is that motivation, to understand the written word.

Nuf said.
    Keep calm and carry on.

Member Array
    Type
    INTx

I, for one, don't understand elfee's personality. What he/she wrote is clear enough to understand, of course... it's his/her reaction to it that has me going 'WTF?'

You guys are 'cute'? Check it out - you're also 'silly'.
    I think my INFP friend is all cute, silly and crap too. (Where is that wubbie thing?)

Honestly though, I'm sending her the link to the post and asking her if she concurs. If she does, she may have to die.
    I don't think there's a punch-line scheduled, is there?

Type
    INTP

I think how they're perceiving us is cute, and not all that inaccurate, really.
    Mary Poppins was a Q.